What's new

Tom Brady's Shang Tsung MU chart

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Ever tried dash forward far ground skull?
Yes- it works sometimes but like I said, you do not get a combo and the fact that Shang has to constantly advance on her means that he cannot play his zoning game as well. Also, If they are doing true Iaf, you will not get the chance to get the groundskull on the screen because it will hit Shang out of the animation. The problem with this matchup is basically the same problem Shang has in all of his bad MU's: The skulls are too slow to win a zoning war so the opponent wins the trades and gets to control the pace of the match.

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
Yes- it works sometimes but like I said, you do not get a combo and the fact that Shang has to constantly advance on her means that he cannot play his zoning game as well. Also, If they are doing true Iaf, you will not get the chance to get the groundskull on the screen because it will hit Shang out of the animation. The problem with this matchup is basically the same problem Shang has in all of his bad MU's: The skulls are too slow to win a zoning war so the opponent wins the trades and gets to control the pace of the match.
This.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Recently i came up to a point where am better of changing to kitana (SS) then fighting those fans all day long with these slow ass skulls. Sometime Ex GS works, but its a risk of losing a bar or getting 20%-30% dmg.

can't be 4-5 lol. but anyway, shang generally has a hard time against anyone who can outzone him. it's not really a bad MU but stryker has a small advantage because of roll.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
i most interested in kabal MU. to counter kabal I use either rai or shang. NW has to do too much work to get in and his pokes are 7 frames or slower so counter poking is tough and the first attempt never works. so I'm left with characters that deal with iagb better as well as the ability to get out of pressure.

I was playing Cat today and i found it a much easier match than with NW to use shang...easier than raiden actually. Cat has imo the best kabal out there besides reo...and even cat does somethings better than reo. Watch him a Texas Showdown.

So please give me some feed back on these MU. Also WoundCowboy...i want games to work on my shang ASAP!

Reactions: Cat

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
i most interested in kabal MU. to counter kabal I use either rai or shang. NW has to do too much work to get in and his pokes are 7 frames or slower so counter poking is tough and the first attempt never works. so I'm left with characters that deal with iagb better as well as the ability to get out of pressure.

I was playing Cat today and i found it a much easier match than with NW to use shang...easier than raiden actually. Cat has imo the best kabal out there besides reo...and even cat does somethings better than reo. Watch him a Texas Showdown.

So please give me some feed back on these MU. Also WoundCowboy...i want games to work on my shang ASAP!
Anytime man. Sorry about the other day, I had to play someone for a clan thing. Btw, I also think the Kabal MU is even.

LEGEND

YES!
i agree with most of Tom's list, don't think Liu is a 6-4 though

Jade might be bad, last time i played a good jade with shang was at SCR and it didn't look too favorable for Shang. But i just picked shang back up and have made some major improvements so idk what to think about that MU. Hopefully i can play krayzie's Jade sometime this week

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
LETHAL LEGEND - what do you think the Liu-Shang MU is? I personally feel that it is one of Shang's better matchups. From my experience, Liu's best chance is to try and win the zoning war because his projectiles are pretty good. But if Shang wins the zoning war, the MU becomes really hard for Liu. His pressure is almost void against Shang because he has no 6 frame moves- he might as well be at a disadvantage against most of the cast. Shang also bullies him when he is pressuring because of his superior pokes/strings and Liu's risky armored moves. I am not entirely sure about Jade because I have very little MU experience.

LEGEND

YES!
WoundCowboy

i don't know man, maybe its just xblades being ridiculous. I can't D1 or D3 that guy without getting fucked up for it

Like if i follow up F4 upskull with D1 SS he interrupts SS with B312 or sometimes he sets up B31 to bait a D1 then punishes it on block. Plus if i use D3 to keep pressure he blocks it and counters with his own D3 giving him plus frames to start his own pressure

i mean, i put up a good fight and i win the zoning war most of the time its just that i can't always keep him out forever. IDK, its probably still in Shang's favor. next time i play i'm going to try more throws and attempt to start F4 pressure after i block a D3

theres some other kabals im waiting to expose themselves

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
i agree with most of Tom's list, don't think Liu is a 6-4 though

Jade might be bad, last time i played a good jade with shang was at SCR and it didn't look too favorable for Shang. But i just picked shang back up and have made some major improvements so idk what to think about that MU. Hopefully i can play krayzie's Jade sometime this week
She may shut down his fullscreen game, but up close the skull pressure remains basically the same.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Tips vs sub?the one i'm fighting hasn't caught on the fact you can slide upskulls.,how am i supposed to keep him away?