What's new

"TOASTY BOOST" (proof with pics)

TONY-T

Mad scientist
This might have been proven already i honestly dont know. I remember a while back people were claiming this was true and others were saying it was bullshit. Well heres proof.

I was playing as jax, i uppercuted my friend and Dan "toasty" Forden appeared in my corner, but for some reason it was my friend who received the bonus. He has no idea what he did to make it work.

I paused it as the "toasty boost" image came up to take these pics.

This is for those of you who haven't seen it.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Wow, I've never seen the Toasty boost inscription on the screen. What does it do?

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Man, I love these 1st hit and Toasty boost bonuses in MK! Imagine when this is figured out and implemented in actual tournament play.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
this is exact way it happened when i seen it, was a few weeks ago at a casuals session in my house.
i was quan against my mate playing radien,hit him with a uppercut,dan pops up then suddenly "whoosh" and his bar fills up with toasty boost in big ass letters over his bar, we paused the game and look at eachother like wtf did we do, we all sat there for about 30mins with the game still on pause trying to remember what happened after dan came up on the screen,(and me posting about it in my status)
after the d2 i threw a skull that seemed to near hit radien just as/before the boost happened
we still just randomly go, "hey member that toasty boost,that was hype shit"

thanks for taking the pic, we really should of done that :oops: we were just caught up in the hype

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I've had it happen once or twice, it's really rare. What're you supposed to press once Dan pops up on the screen again?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I've had it happen once or twice, it's really rare. What're you supposed to press once Dan pops up on the screen again?
Im not so sure pressing buttons is what makes it work. Ive been pressing all kinds of button combos when dan forden pops up after an uppercut to try and trigger this bonus, but nothing i press seems to work. i think its just super random and very rare. i could be wrong though.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Im not so sure pressing buttons is what makes it work. Ive been pressing all kinds of button combos when dan forden pops up after an uppercut to try and trigger this bonus, but nothing i press seems to work. i think its just super random and very rare. i could be wrong though.
I think it was down start back in the day? It's been so long lol

Shoutouts to Dan's toast shirt in MK9 lol

gives you full super meter. its the first time its happened on my console and ive had the game since launch.
I had no idea this .. shall see how to apply .. this is very crazy ... if you knew what goes on in my console ... this very crazy men! .. The other day I remain stuck the recording time to 0 in the middle of the video playback and is supposed to show what they had to record and stood my character and I could not move and all ... LOL I'll upload a better video will be more clear ..

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Hope this help on how you do the Toasty Boost:The requirement for that is to land another hit while Dan is visible in the corner of the screen. If you can land another hit then it gives you a full super bar. Just a little FYI for those trying this.

Here's a link-http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mem...-trophies.html
So, basically, the characters that can include uppercuts in their combos (Rain for example) have a high chance of getting the boost.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
We must find out the button input for this toasty boost!!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Hope this help on how you do the Toasty Boost:The requirement for that is to land another hit while Dan is visible in the corner of the screen. If you can land another hit then it gives you a full super bar. Just a little FYI for those trying this.

Here's a link-http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mem...-trophies.html
But in both examples on this thread... it clearly gave the toasty bonus to the guy getting hit... not the guy that performed the uppercut...

what's up with that?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
I uppercuted my friend and Dan "toasty" Forden appeared in my corner, but for some reason it was my friend who received the bonus.
I was telling this to Tom Brady in the van ride to Final Round...
This is the same way I got my toasty boost. I was in a Kabal hey hey hey combo, and Toasty man comes out, and I'm mashing for no reason, and I got the toasty boost...