What's new

Titanone converter.. Anyone using it?

I'm basically at the end of my tether trying to find a decent solution for playing on the ps4..

I use an xboxone controller on pc/xbox which I find suits me very well, I don't whiff nearly as much with it compared to other pads

I'm not a fan of the ds4 pad or the hori fc4.. The hori fps plus is a little better but not perfect (for me)

So I'm wondering for anyone is using an Xbox one controller on the ps4 for MKX.. I'm aware there is a resync dropout where the pad needs to re authenticate with the ps4.. What I want to know is how long this lasts and often does it happen? Is it noticeable in game?

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
I'm basically at the end of my tether trying to find a decent solution for playing on the ps4..

I use an xboxone controller on pc/xbox which I find suits me very well, I don't whiff nearly as much with it compared to other pads

I'm not a fan of the ds4 pad or the hori fc4.. The hori fps plus is a little better but not perfect (for me)

So I'm wondering for anyone is using an Xbox one controller on the ps4 for MKX.. I'm aware there is a resync dropout where the pad needs to re authenticate with the ps4.. What I want to know is how long this lasts and often does it happen? Is it noticeable in game?
Authentication happens every 10 minutes, but you can download and install a script to the converter that lets you do it manually (between rounds or matches). It's a matter of pressing two buttons and it's pretty much instant.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
I tried to buy a titan one the other day only to find a price jump from when I last looked. 1 adapter for 140$? Then I saw a Web page that said titan one was being sued for using stolen technology. Can't even find the product in stock on amazon.

What are the general opinions on converters and what about cronies vs titan one?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I tried to buy a titan one the other day only to find a price jump from when I last looked. 1 adapter for 140$? Then I saw a Web page that said titan one was being sued for using stolen technology. Can't even find the product in stock on amazon.

What are the general opinions on converters and what about cronies vs titan one?
Cronus and Titan are the same thing. I don't think Cronus' are in production anymore. The man who was the genius behind Cronus had a fallout with his business partner and then he created the company Titan to be a rival. They're the same thing pretty much. I read this on internet, must be true ;)

Authentication happens every 10 minutes, but you can download and install a script to the converter that lets you do it manually (between rounds or matches). It's a matter of pressing two buttons and it's pretty much instant.
can you point me to the script?

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Cronus and Titan are the same thing. I don't think Cronus' are in production anymore. The man who was the genius behind Cronus had a fallout with his business partner and then he created the company Titan to be a rival. They're the same thing pretty much. I read this on internet, must be true ;)
I just got the new version of Cronusmax (released this month) :)

Israfel

Designer for BxA
I use the Cronusmax as well on my xb1. Setup was incredibly simple (roughly 10 minutes from unboxing to updating to using). I got it to use the ds4 because that's what all of my locals are held on and I felt like a scrub at my first tournament. I've enjoyed it very much. thanks @STB Shujinkydink for the recommendation

i was under the cronusmax was banned at tournaments - thats why i asked about the titan..

not that there is a big tourney scene where i am from but i'd like to not rock up to a local and be called a cheater ;) (assuming i win any games xD)

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
so i was gonna buy one of these for when the SFV beta was dropped and then when i looked at the price is almost bloody doubled over the past year .. i swear i remember these things being like $70 - so i just went and ordered a padhacked pcb from gummowed .. it was $100 shipped but it was well worth it.. he even placed screw terminals right on the pcb - i can pretty much put this in anything now

Israfel

Designer for BxA
i was under the cronusmax was banned at tournaments - thats why i asked about the titan..

not that there is a big tourney scene where i am from but i'd like to not rock up to a local and be called a cheater ;) (assuming i win any games xD)
Best to ask your local TO's on that one. I know cronusmax has a TE version you can get that is supposed to be "legal" but again, it is all up to the TO. The main reason I got it was for personal use of the ds4 on my xb1. I don't own a ps4, now I feel a lot more comfortable with the ds4 for tournament play.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone

I'm pretty sure they both are :p Again, the products are pretty much similar... Like @Israfel said, the newest version of Cronus comes with a tournament mode setting that doesn't allow tampering with inputs. Check with your TO to see what's up.

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
Titan one and cronus max both have tourney mode its just a matter if the TO's will accept them. I personally have had ZERO problems with my systems using 2 cronus on my ps4 and xbone at the same time for long sessions so i dont know why they arent allowed now.

Titan one and cronus max both have tourney mode its just a matter if the TO's will accept them. I personally have had ZERO problems with my systems using 2 cronus on my ps4 and xbone at the same time for long sessions so i dont know why they arent allowed now.
i think its due to the scripting - enable to macro combos etc.. though with tournement mode on thats disabled

Catnip_Her0

Burn It Down
Exactly with the tournament mode on all that is disabled and i havent had any probs with over heating or ports burning out. anyone going to a tourney that has script shit on and running should expect a swift ass Whoopin for using it in a match lol

All TO banned these devices after a tournament called Defend the North 2014. People were using the cronusmax during the Killer Instinct tournament and the xbox one would freeze randomly if 2 people would use the device at the same time.

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/422514440597028865
https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/422518791440842752