What's new

Tips?

Kommunity and Sektor players,
I am really interested in picking up Sektor. I've looked at the guide and have been playing with his combos and playstyle. I do however would like to know what the best/most effective way to play with Sektor is? I am used to countering and playing mindgames because I main Smoke, would this playstyle approach work? Please give me some tips on how to improve my Sektor, thanks!

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
zone when you can, mix your UM to the one that lands in front of them and the one that tracks where they stand, flamethrower at close range but dont base a whole game around zoning if the opponent starts to figure you out, if you're going to lay on pressure mix it in with up rockets for example 2,1,UM is a good thing to use to bait movement from them. save your meter and dont waste it on pointless random TU's or HM's

sektor is a counter, defensive character at heart, his EX TU's mid combo make sure that when you land a hit on them you can make it count, but use your meter wisely as you may need it should you make a bad read.

sektor is a counter, defensive character at heart, his EX TU's mid combo make sure that when you land a hit on them you can make it count, but use your meter wisely as you may need it should you make a bad read.
Does this mean I can play similar to Smoke playstyle but I can actually do some damage zoning too?

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
yeah i guess you could say that really, they both have a good style of zoning to frustrate them so they advance in an arrogant way which you can intercept. instead of countering with a teleport or smoke bomb counter their advances with a flamethrower, OH and B1 and B2,1 are excellent pokes to do at sweep distance!

arydious

Noob
I just picked up sektor as well, I also main smoke. So far i have been playing the same style. Sektor doesn't seem as much of a counter player as smoke though. He feels more like a aggressive zoner. He can really close the gap, and deal out some damage and annoy the hell out of people from fullscreen. This is my initial observation from playing him roughly 3 hours. As i progress further into play i may adjust. Also Ketchup seems to be the bible of sektor so if he says something I will make sure to really study it lol.

By the way ketchup thanks for all your sektor contributions, I have always like sektor but when i saw you play him against Mustard is when i knew i needed to pick him up some more. Great playing man!