What's new

Tips Vs Bane ?

Just looking for general tips for playing against Bane. I definitely need to play the match a bit more patient and try to handle neutral better. His grab range seems really good and D1 tends to keep me on my toes.

Any advice is appreciated.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Not sure on atro specific stuff but delayed wakeup is always nice. His D1 is also something like 13 frames so you can try to challenge with something like B2 I imagine if you think he's going for it. I also imagine dex star would be pretty useful in breaking armour but I don't know for sure, I also imagine he could armour through some gaps in dex star pressure.

If he's pumping venom in neutral just do you best to stay away and wait out the debuff, neutral jump raging charge might allow for a puddle for punish? But yeah otherwise just do your best to control neutral since atro lacks good zoning so yeah.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah it's a MU I struggle heavily with on both my mains.. haven't played it as Swampy yet.

i haven't had a lot of success, but when I am doing decently well it's because I'm really watching his venom use and trying to make solid reads against his options.

When I play wussified against him, I get eaten up, but when I make a read on what he's doing and just commit to punishing him I seem yo do better. Yeah, sometimes that's the wrong read and you get shit on..

Don't let him corner you, and push block him when you think it's safe. Remember clash puts him in debuff. Find out what you have that's grab immune for starters. Knowing that and using it can really start to make things manageable.

Bane is a huge issue for me, it feels like I can't do anything at all, which obviously isn't true, but he can be overwhelming vs some characters. I think he requires just solid game awareness and such. Watch his trait, use your MB rolls and push blocks to stop him before he gets momentum. Vary your wakeups. Don't make it easy on him.

Also, fuck his unclashable 9000000 damage corner combo.

Cursa

Yeah it's a MU I struggle heavily with on both my mains.. haven't played it as Swampy yet.

i haven't had a lot of success, but when I am doing decently well it's because I'm really watching his venom use and trying to make solid reads against his options.

When I play wussified against him, I get eaten up, but when I make a read on what he's doing and just commit to punishing him I seem yo do better. Yeah, sometimes that's the wrong read and you get shit on..

Don't let him corner you, and push block him when you think it's safe. Remember clash puts him in debuff. Find out what you have that's grab immune for starters. Knowing that and using it can really start to make things manageable.

Bane is a huge issue for me, it feels like I can't do anything at all, which obviously isn't true, but he can be overwhelming vs some characters. I think he requires just solid game awareness and such. Watch his trait, use your MB rolls and push blocks to stop him before he gets momentum. Vary your wakeups. Don't make it easy on him.

Also, fuck his unclashable 9000000 damage corner combo.
I feel like that's bane in a nutshell, he either just gets the reads and eats your health bar or you get the reads and you just destroy him, he's definitely a momentum heavy character

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I feel like that's bane in a nutshell, he either just gets the reads and eats your health bar or you get the reads and you just destroy him, he's definitely a momentum heavy character
Yeah. His damage is insane though so you really have to be careful about trading reads unless you hit like he does lol.

But yeah, when I just commit to a course of action I find.. not success - the bane I play is a way better player than me in general - but I find equality. It's when I pussyfoot around and try to play too safe that I get really eaten up.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Raw spit is grab immune so you can semi throw that out in nuetral safely as something for him to get around, it will force him to commit to the occassional elbow so get ready to bait and punish

Also if you crouch blick raging charge Atro can punish with revsrsal punch float, but a good Bane wont charge you except for yolo charge to get around Dex

Shield with Dex good for armor break but as Bane I also dont really need meter in this mu so I will usually save it for pushblocking Dex becuase Atro alone vs Bane can get rough fast, especially on knockdown, so be ready to make those reads

Cursa

Yeah. His damage is insane though so you really have to be careful about trading reads unless you hit like he does lol.

But yeah, when I just commit to a course of action I find.. not success - the bane I play is a way better player than me in general - but I find equality. It's when I pussyfoot around and try to play too safe that I get really eaten up.
Yeah I can't say I've faced a whole lot of really good banes but when I do it's all about hard reads and just committing to a defence, whether it's blocking or jumping.

Thanks for all the tips boys. Definitely seen some useful things in here that i'm going to try to add to my gameplay.

Appreciate all the advice.