What's new

Tips to win first offline tournament

I'm not saying just go in and throw, I'm saying that if you recognise that your opponent don't know how to block a certain thing, do it over and over until he learns how to block it.

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
just play it cool, calm and collected. Try to go in with as zen an attitude as you can, being prepared to adapt, adjust and stay focused under pressure. And once you find yourself in the last moments of a clutch situation just relax, concentrate and shit your pants. In my experience most players become extremely off put by the smell and start to go riskier plays they wouldnt otherwise.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
1. Don't lose your confidence and don't let yourself get intimidated.
2. Pick the character you're more comfortable using most of everything he has to offer (logically the character you have more experience with)
3. Stay in the winners bracket.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
oh yeah and dont listen to incorruptable, he is full of shit, thought that might have been obvious but oh well, never know, he brags about being 1st ranked on the leaderboards on injustice when it doesnt mean shit, he is a mediocre at best deathstroke player, one that preys on the weak/people that dont know how to play and he tries to compare online play to tournament play. so yeah, he is full of shit, just fair warning in case you didnt know
How dare you! Jaco- I mean IIINCORRUPTIBLE is an injustice champ!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
"Don't get hit." - A Foxy Grampa

Just play Boneshaper or whatever the flavor of the month is. Top tier brainless it if you can!

TL;DR Character loyalty is dumb if you want to win. Just tierwhore it. Everyone else that wins does. Comes down to...do you want to win or do you want to be a character loyalist?

Just play Roo Kang and chip everyone to death or Erron Black with his fiddy fiddies. Don't even bother with Ermac or Tremor. #tierwhore2win

Last edited:
"Don't get hit." - A Foxy Grampa

Just play Boneshaper or whatever the flavor of the month is. Top tier brainless it if you can!

TL;DR Character loyalty is dumb if you want to win. Just tierwhore it. Everyone else that wins does. Comes down to...do you want to win or do you want to be a character loyalist?

Just play Roo Kang and chip everyone to death or Erron Black with his fiddy fiddies. Don't even bother with Ermac or Tremor. #tierwhore2win
Being a character "loyalist" can work for or against you... But it's not always a bad thing to stick with one character and get to know him really, really well.

I personally feel that it's best to have at least a 2nd or third character. I heard some analysis from the announcers (at a tournament) several months ago from one of the ones on YouTube. I forget who was announcing and which tournament it was, but they claimed that a really good strategy is to actually just pick a couple characters and get to know them really, really well -- as opposed to the types that try to become really elite with most of the cast.

^---Sometimes an ego can work against you in a situation where you think you can get really good with everyone.

Last edited: