What's new

Question - Dragons Fire Tips on doing iaFB consistently?

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
It definitely is very hard to do. But it takes a lot of practice. Try to find the best way to do it. Like attempt to do ubf as a clean input. There is no easy shortcut, which is the reason that people get kudos for pulling them off. Thus try to focus on doing 3 in one combo first. When you feel secure pulling them off start to do more of them.

Orangutan

WutanOrangutan
Yeah take it slow, practice doing them high in the air and make sure you do a clean ubf input. Once you get solid at doing them high you can try speed up the input a bit, and it'll become like a rolling motion

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
Well when I first started playing DF kang, Id do my run cancels and beat an opponent and if I won, Id do iafb in the fatality loading screen. Other times Id just randomly practice. There is no "shortcut" or "easy way" but try sliding from U to BF instead of individually pressing them if that helps. Took me about a week before I got them down and it wasn't consistent. Ive been maining Kang for almost a year and I still cant get them 100% of the time but like I said, practice. Good luck brother. Welcome to the Shaolin

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Practice. Find the easiest way that works for you and work on it. Do it slowly then gradually work on getting your speed up. It'll take a while if it's your first time instant airing. Just set aside time whenever you play to work on it and you'll improve as time goes by. And don't practice it too much. Idk about you but it can make my thumbs sore. And if that doesn't work you can just buy a hitbox :D
But being able to execute this is necessary to play Liu to his full potential IMO.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
As the others have said, it's really just about practice. Think of this like practicing an instrument, you do it slowly, and once you're performing cleanly you go faster. After practicing a while, you'll be able to get it as low as possible, and with a clean UBF+1 input. Though don't forget to practice it on both sides, you would be shocked at the number of people who can only do it from one.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Here's how I've always done iaFB in NRS games (assuming the input is b,f)

Try to do u/b and quickly roll the stick/pad toward d/f. You can really shortcut the shit out of it because as long as b or f of any kind is part of your input, the game reads it as such. What I mean is...the game treats u/b and d/f as both back and forward respectively. There are no diagonal motions in MK for specials (everything is just d,b,f,u assuming you have alternate controls off).

Hope this helps. I'm not very good but I can consistently do iaFBs.