What's new

Tips for leveling up in Training mode

Vilmon

Noob
Hey guys so I'm not sure if this is widely known or not but I found a pretty good way of testing how safe/unsafe a block string is in MK9 when I was in the lab.

Here's how I set it up.
I set the AI to block all and movement to Jump.
I perform my block string or whatever.
After I've input my string I go into the menu and set block to off (leaving jump on)
I hold up.

As soon as the cpu is able to, it will jump and if you've done your string correctly and held up as soon as you could you'll be able to easily see how long it takes you to recover from your attack and how quickly it takes for your opponent to attack.

Hope this helps!

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
Seems really troublesome without another player on another controller to help you. What you've done is worked out frame advantage on block, using the jump method.

This tells you who has frame advantage . You could be at negative frames, eg. -2. be behind the computer in jumping, but still be safe.

Fingers crossed, the record feature for the training mode dummy is fixed by NRS, as soon as they can. Then you just pick your opponent, record their string, play it back, and punish when your character comes out of block stun.