What's new

Match-up Discussion Tips for Kitana's Bad Matchups

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Im starting to think Sektor is a bad match for Kitana aswell I just dont know I like to zone, cant do it in this match, I like to jump, cant do it either because the flamethrower will get me, can only poke and hope he jumps so I can get him on reaction, I want some tips in this match plz.
Rush. Iaf = iat from sektor. Jump = 6 frame Standing 1 AA from sektor. Your only option is to rush. Duck/block incoming missiles, block flamethrower, and be wary of his iat. He can zone her out, but not too bad. They both have incredible footsies and both do crazy damage. Sektor has shitty wakeups that can be punished by full combos and has to spend meter to wake up with his ex tele which leaves him at -6 on block and can also be NJP'd so keep that in mind. This match feels life lead based and both can get a big lead very early in the match. They both have the tools to counter each other so this is why I feel like its 5-5

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
How do you approach a Liu Kang that instant air Fireball your jump in attempts and instant air Fan trades and low Fireball you trying to close in space.. soon as you get in he can punish her whiffed D1 and 2,1 and he can even AA her jump kick~Fan attempts? Not only that, he has armor which Kitana does not have, I'm jealous. Ex Ass in doesn't always work to get in but it's worth a try, at least for me it is XD
Never jump in anticipation, EVER... this is an online habit. Jump on reaction to something. When you get in jump range, he will not throw low fireballs anymore because he is open to a jkaf punish. Bait his armor and punish hard. When he has xray, do not throw a fan in jump range.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
You need to stop relying on iaf's to win, if that's how you play, I'm just going to duck 100% of the match.

Iafs are good, but you can't expect to win with them.
also, stop jumping, if you jump, always do a jump kick as they are harder to AA.
Rush. Iaf = iat from sektor. Jump = 6 frame Standing 1 AA from sektor. Your only option is to rush. Duck/block incoming missiles, block flamethrower, and be wary of his iat. He can zone her out, but not too bad. They both have incredible footsies and both do crazy damage. Sektor has shitty wakeups that can be punished by full combos and has to spend meter to wake up with his ex tele which leaves him at -6 on block and can also be NJP'd so keep that in mind. This match feels life lead based and both can get a big lead very early in the match. They both have the tools to counter each other so this is why I feel like its 5-5
Honestly, even with rushdown, I can't see this being 5-5. Sektor's zoning is just too good. I saw Mr. Mileena 's matches with eklectic and TBH there was so much unpunished turtling from both sides. Sektor was not punishing Kitana's jump-ins at all (there were a lot of opportunities for a wakeup flamethrower). When Sektor was on the attack and Kitana was duck blocking, he wasn't using any of his good mixups -- JIP into leglift 50/50 is extremely hard to deal with. I don't mean to put anyone on blast here, but I just felt that Sektor was respecting Kitana waaaaay too much. I'd say it's 4.5-5.5 or 4-6 in Sektor's favor.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Sektor vs. Kitana is probably 5/5. They're similar designs with similar strengths and weaknesses. Sektor has better keep out but Kitana's damage is an equalizer. IKizzle and I always have GGs and when I lose I feel like he outplayed me and I don't downplay Kitty. If I'm not tearing about the princess it's a good sign it's a fine MU.

Death

Noob
Sektor vs. Kitana is probably 5/5. They're similar designs with similar strengths and weaknesses. Sektor has better keep out but Kitana's damage is an equalizer. IKizzle and I always have GGs and when I lose I feel like he outplayed me and I don't downplay Kitty. If I'm not tearing about the princess it's a good sign it's a fine MU.
Did you get a chance to check out the Community Sonya MU chart thread that I created. I tagged you under Kitana and what you think of the Sonya MU. It seems that the official Sonya chart will have it as 5-5 since majority of people think its even while just me and Foxy say its in Sonyas favor.

Honestly, even with rushdown, I can't see this being 5-5. Sektor's zoning is just too good. I saw Mr. Mileena 's matches with eklectic and TBH there was so much unpunished turtling from both sides. Sektor was not punishing Kitana's jump-ins at all (there were a lot of opportunities for a wakeup flamethrower). When Sektor was on the attack and Kitana was duck blocking, he wasn't using any of his good mixups -- JIP into leglift 50/50 is extremely hard to deal with. I don't mean to put anyone on blast here, but I just felt that Sektor was respecting Kitana waaaaay too much. I'd say it's 4.5-5.5 or 4-6 in Sektor's favor.
If anything I also respected Sektor too much, I don't know his loopholes back then as I do know.

i agree with bit, it's a solid 5-5

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Did you get a chance to check out the Community Sonya MU chart thread that I created. I tagged you under Kitana and what you think of the Sonya MU. It seems that the official Sonya chart will have it as 5-5 since majority of people think its even while just me and Foxy say its in Sonyas favor.

There's just no way that it's 5-5.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I think Kitana does better vs. Freddy than most Kitana players tend to think. Obviously, Freddy has a big advantage at a distance. Kitana, on the other hand, has a big advantage in footsies. Freddy has slightly better defense because of EX teleport, but Kitana has better pokes and normal attacks. Damage output is roughly even. I would fight Freddy like Sektor and Smoke if I were a Kitana player. You fools have to stay from them fans.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I think Kitana does better vs. Freddy than most Kitana players tend to think. Obviously, Freddy has a big advantage at a distance. Kitana, on the other hand, has a big advantage in footsies. Freddy has slightly better defense because of EX teleport, but Kitana has better pokes and normal attacks. Damage output is roughly even. I would fight Freddy like Sektor and Smoke if I were a Kitana player. You fools have to stay from them fans.
I wish I had someone offline to play this match up, because I agree with you, just need to learn it.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.

xKhaoTik

Is it really? Why do people abuse it so much than lol
Lol..the range I guess. It reaches pretty far and it has some pushback so it can be hard to punish. I use.more d3s then d1s anyway, -15 on block is way to risky, especially against characters like cage, Kabal, Sonya, jax, and Kang who can blow it up hard very easily

xKhaoTik

I agree, I approach this MU As if i was fighting smoke. Kitanas footsies really hurt Freddy, especially since he has a high hitbox. I just hate that damn Nightmare Stance..ugh

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Whiff Cutter gets punished hard with Dive Kick or standing 1 combo by Sonya, even D1~Cutter.
I've only seen 1 Sonya player who punish this particular Kitana gimmick correctly with Sonya.