What's new

Match-up Discussion Tips for Aquaman Matchup

Hi everyone i need tips or some guidance for the Aquaman matchup, this matchup it is really difficult to me, here i give you my way to face this match, with my comments:

- A lot of Air Projectile to punish trident scope and trident toss: This is really important to me to face this MU, but you have to be really patience and clever because if you fail some projectile all your work may be punished with 40 45%, and all the damage you did with 3, 4 projectiles goes to the trash .

-Use bf2 to keep distance and punish forward dash of Aquaman when he is trying to get close, specially when we hit him with some air projectiles,

Disadvantages:

- GL´s overhead may be punished by d2 into big combo from Aquaman
- D1 trident rush has priority versus GL´d1
- I am not able to user push block to avoid trident rush cheap damage, because bars are my unique way to damage Aquaman
- Unable to do crossup set up because even if use jump with 3, AQ´d2 is so good even if we trade he is able to do a 40% combo (sick)
- AQ always has bars advantage

So guys please give me some tips or videos to face this MU, i feel this MU 7.3

I would think this is a pretty good MU. GL's can effectively zone out Aquaman by Jump BF1. You have to space them so that they don't whiff though. Gl's main combo starters B13, F3, and F2D1. They're fast and, by the time Aquaman traits up, he will all ready be in the state of being juggled.

I thought the same... this is a good MU mainly for the projectile. You can punish and get position but this is just until the aquaman player adapts to my game. So you can hit 3..4..5 projectiles but aquaman will read one of them and will punish GL with 40 45%. So that will hit your trust. Also trident scope ex into trident scope equivalent to 2 GL's projectiles. So i think the relationship between succes and failure is very diproportionate.

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
Man, this mu is pretty even. Both character can deal with each other. I used to play GL once and zoning can be very effective against him since GL has a good keepaway.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
It's even maybe slightly in Aquamans favor if they know the matchup and have really good reactions. Don't go in unless you have meter which is what the zoning is for. Reason is because after b13 or b13 minigun without meter you are negative and Aquaman gets a free d1~Trident rush. He gets 15% damage just because you tried to hit him. It's best to pester him with projectiles and try to get him into the corner. That's the goal. When he's in the corner your only option to get in is to walk up. But the problem is his mb3 can blow up your b1 or any thing you try plus if you block it he has plus frames so back to trident rush city. When he's in the corner you want to spam him with projectiles. Rocket power is your best friend since they're super plus on block and you get a free Oa's rocket ,minigun, or lanterns might. You're basically trying to force him to comit to an unsafe way out. Once they respect your plus frames you can start doing rocket power into rocket power to get them to try and jump out or dash out since that's not a frame trap. If you catch em oki him as usual if he's respectful keep chipping.
There's a lot to it maybe your a visual learner like me. Here's some good matches.

These are the best showcases of the matchups that I can find.

Hi @gross.. could you give me more technical details? I am now aware that i was taking this mu in a wrong way. But every detail is really important to me. I will be in a southamerican tournament, my main is sinestro but gl is my card to beat aquaman. Thanks to all.

gross

Noob
Hi @gross.. could you give me more technical details? I am now aware that i was taking this mu in a wrong way. But every detail is really important to me. I will be in a southamerican tournament, my main is sinestro but gl is my card to beat aquaman. Thanks to all.
Is hard for me to explain but you can find my mu against steve coach on youtube.