What's new

Timeline fights effects the future self's?

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
MK12 in a nutshell: Old Jhonny Cage, Young Johnny Cage, Young Sonya, Old Cassie, Old Jax, Young Jax, ALL taking their own spot on the roster, some people better start packing! (Looking at you jobbers Baraka and Reptile)

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
MK12 in a nutshell: Old Jhonny Cage, Young Johnny Cage, Young Sonya, Old Cassie, Old Jax, Young Jax, ALL taking their own spot on the roster, some people better start packing! (Looking at you jobbers Baraka and Reptile)
Good lord, you're like a parody of yourself at this point. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with anything you wrote, and yet the very first comment is you throwing a bitch fit about it.

pure.Wasted

Look at the scar

Seems like it. There was a leaked story synopsis going around that actually guessed (?) this correctly. And it pretty much said that when one of the timeline characters died, their other copy was wiped from existence as well.

The whole double injury thing bodes pretty poorly for Johnny, if you don't know why you can rewatch the story trailer closely. Gives "he's gonna get us killed!" a whole new meaning.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
Well considering they come from the Original Timeline (from around MK3 by looking at Kano, Jax and Scorpion's outfits), this shouldn't happen but I guess the story line needed more tension.

pure.Wasted

Well considering they come from the Original Timeline (from around MK3 by looking at Kano, Jax and Scorpion's outfits), this shouldn't happen but I guess the story line needed more tension.
Don't think it's quite that simple, boss. Johnny was dead in OG MK3. And when he wasn't dead, he certainly wasn't wearing anything that looked like his MK11 jacket. Never mind Jade's complete and total redesign.

portent

Noob
I've had some ideas regarding the story, but I'm beginning to see an interesting plot twist.

Kronika wants to rewind time. We saw in the story trailer that Raiden interfered with her plan and changed timelines.

In the old timeline, there's no Kombat Kids. No Cassie, Takeda, Jaqui. As far as we know, from the opening of MK Armageddon, everyone basically dies.

In the new timeline, the Kids exist, Armageddon never happened, many people are alive, some are revenants.

Kronika wants to pit these different timeline versions against each other.

Now things get messy:

If the old timeline persists, The Kombat Kids will simply cease to exist. They're not going like that idea. Likewise, young Johnny and young Sonya have no clue that they'll die at Armageddon, so they may very well not care about Cassie's existence. Cassie isn't gonna like that.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao, in the old vs new trailer, talk about how their future is insane since they see themselves as revenants. They're not going to want that. Meanwhile, Revenant Liu and Kung may very well be aware that the old timeline versions of themselves will DIE at armageddon. Revenant is better than completely dead, so they're not going to want the old timeline.

I have a feeling that due to the time travel nature of the game, some characters are going to be fighting people they wouldn't normally fight simply to ensure their very existence in their own timeline.

pure.Wasted

I've had some ideas regarding the story, but I'm beginning to see an interesting plot twist.

Kronika wants to rewind time. We saw in the story trailer that Raiden interfered with her plan and changed timelines.

In the old timeline, there's no Kombat Kids. No Cassie, Takeda, Jaqui. As far as we know, from the opening of MK Armageddon, everyone basically dies.

In the new timeline, the Kids exist, Armageddon never happened, many people are alive, some are revenants.

Kronika wants to pit these different timeline versions against each other.

Now things get messy:

If the old timeline persists, The Kombat Kids will simply cease to exist. They're not going like that idea. Likewise, young Johnny and young Sonya have no clue that they'll die at Armageddon, so they may very well not care about Cassie's existence. Cassie isn't gonna like that.

Liu Kang and Kung Lao, in the old vs new trailer, talk about how their future is insane since they see themselves as revenants. They're not going to want that. Meanwhile, Revenant Liu and Kung may very well be aware that the old timeline versions of themselves will DIE at armageddon. Revenant is better than completely dead, so they're not going to want the old timeline.

I have a feeling that due to the time travel nature of the game, some characters are going to be fighting people they wouldn't normally fight simply to ensure their very existence in their own timeline.
That's an interesting point. There's a lot of stuff in the trailers suggesting that Kronika wants Armageddon. Or, as Cetrion (?) puts it, "Temporal Armageddon." Armageddon doesn't require any particular side winning from what we've seen so far. It just requires lots of fighting.

So basically, that would make Kronika a grade-A troll and shit disturber.

if the one being trull the one behind everything he would be the thanos of mk i would think that you need somome with elder god or god status to stop him

portent

Noob
That's an interesting point. There's a lot of stuff in the trailers suggesting that Kronika wants Armageddon. Or, as Cetrion (?) puts it, "Temporal Armageddon." Armageddon doesn't require any particular side winning from what we've seen so far. It just requires lots of fighting.

So basically, that would make Kronika a grade-A troll and shit disturber.
Exactly. Most people think the word Armageddon refers to the climactic end of something. In actuality, the word specifically means a LOCATION for a final battle, and likewise, usually referencing a hill or mountain, like the pyramid in the opening for MKA and MK9.

As such, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, references the location of the final battle of Mortal Kombat, not the end of the world.

The End of Mortal Kombat could mean Earth Realm finally vanquishing Shao Kahn, or SK finally conquering ER and ending the need for Mortal Kombat.

If Kronika wants Armageddon, which is the end of Mortal Kombat, then she's going enlist the help of anyone who will look to conquer Earth Realm, anyone who will work with SK to do that, and anyone who would be massively affected by the 2nd timeline, such as Liu and Kung, who, to their knowledge, have futures as revenants if timeline 2 happens. Hence the reason they could very well be fighting WITH SK in order to help timeline 1 happen and preserve their human status.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
If there is a multiverse, then timelines shouldn't be linear.

I don't quite like linear timelines, I think the multiverse option adds more possibilities. But let's see what happens.