What's new

Tiger Knee Fan Toss

Dedemaru

Noob
I'm trying to teach my friend, a Kitana main, about Tiger-Kneeing. I'm not too great at it myself, so I'm having trouble. Tom Brady said on a stream that learning to Tiger-Knee Kitana's Fan Toss is a good thing to do. I'd like to explain to my friend the benefit of Kitana doing this, but I have no idea what they are. I can tell that the air Fan Toss is different and looks faster in startup or recovery but what makes Tiger-Kneeing this move so special?

Dedemaru

Noob
In Marvel, a quarter circle motion tiger kneed would be...

down / down-forward / forward / up-forward / up / attack

I'm not sure about MK though

there is no TK motion in MK, they call it TK simply because it carries the same purpose as the TK inputs for MvC, which is to make an air move come out the instant you leave the floor.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
When a move is referred to as being "tiger knee", what that means is that you do an air move immediately after you leave the ground.

To do this with Kitana, you simply press :u~:d~:r~:fp

If you did it right, your opponent must jump, duck, or block it...they cannot advance on you without jumping.

elPollo_Diablo

In The Lab
It derives way back from Sagat in SF
the correct motion is d, df, f, uf
as soon as Kitana leaves the ground hit 1 and viola
its a shortcut in this game
same with her wave dash aka ass slam
d, db, b, ub.....leave ground hit 1
Instant ass slam

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
1000x easier to simply do u~d~f~1 ... actually tiger kneeing her fans is very unreliable.

NRS should change the input to b, f, 1 imo. That would help a lot of players because you could then shortcut it with a simple UB, F1. But maybe that would make it too easy to abuse..

Lomyn

Snoctopus
NRS should change the input to b, f, 1 imo. That would help a lot of players because you could then shortcut it with a simple UB, F1. But maybe that would make it too easy to abuse..
I think it's fine the way it is now. It can be pulled off reliably with practice, and a tool as useful as the iAF should require a bit of work to incorporate into gameplay.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
My execution is ass and I have it down. No need to change it.

DrDogg

Noob
I find it harder to link a single normal into a b,f special, so I'd much prefer it stay a QCF notation.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Just learning this character and the first thing I did was learn this move and the one for her square boost. I picked it up and can do it without fail after 5 minutes. Couple of different ways to do it. The first way I tried, I messed up a bit but got it down, you do the move as one whole motion by sliding your thumb (on pad) Start at up and slide down to forward. Kind of like doing a skewed version of a half circle forward fireball or something to that effect except as if u held the controller sideways. It works both back and forwards for the square of fans. Now the easiest method for ME anyway, since I am also a tekken player is treating it like a mishima electric or wavedash (if anyone has played tekken) I hit up and then quickly do the D,B or D,F motion. It's easy for me because electrics in that game are done F, (Neutral) D, DF+2. It's kinda the same concept here except the (forward) motion is up instead. Doing that I got em 100% of the time.