What's new

Tier-based priority on learning the game.

heKtor

Noob
Hey guys,

So based on the feedback thus far, who are some of the top 4 characters to dominate with?

I ask because I only have a few days before going to a little tourney, locally, I hear there's a bunch of noobs there (me being one of them) and would like to just practice with 1 or 2 different characters from here until the weekend. Any suggestions? Where do Scorpion and Cage stand? How about Raiden and Shang?

Mind you, this is just a very short term goal, of course I'd like to learn eventually how to master the others.

Thanks!

Dark_Rob

Warrior
Dreamcatcher said:
Sub, Lao, Smoke, Raiden

They all do very good damage and their combos aren't that difficult.

edit: imo
I pretty much agree with this. I might throw Ermac in there as well for his zoning and insane damage, and Cyrax to for the bomb trap shenanigans.

Keep in mind the PDP tourney was on an unpatched version of MK so there are some big combo opportunities that were at the tourney that are not in the current 1.01 version patch.

Top three in current version in my opinion are Kung Lao, Ermac and Raiden. 4th spot could be a few depending on how they're matched up (Nightwolf, Smoke, Kitana, Reptile, Quan Chi to name a few).

heKtor

Noob
Thank you guys! I've actually tried some combos from the tourney and they don't do the same damage so that explains a bit.

I have decided to go w/Kung Pao Chicken (Kung Lao) and so far so good. I think next will be Raiden.

You guys f*ing rock!