What's new

Video/Tutorial - Thunder God Thunder God Lightening Cancel Tutorial

When in a time and need I didn't really see anything on these forums that really helped me learn how to LC. So i created a youtube video to show newer Raiden players, or even experienced Raiden players. In this video I go pretty in depth and hopefully give some tips that make learning how to LC easier. If you see anything that I may have said wrong or want to add anything in feel free!

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Hey thanks! This is a great tutorial. It's one thing to read a verbal explanation, but to see it broken down and explained like this in a video is much more helpful. I've been kind of avoiding trying to learn this, but it doesn't look so bad after watching your video.

Hey thanks! This is a great tutorial. It's one thing to read a verbal explanation, but to see it broken down and explained like this in a video is much more helpful. I've been kind of avoiding trying to learn this, but it doesn't look so bad after watching your video.
Thanks man! I'm happy it helped! It's not that hard once you put some time in with it and it is well worth learning! Hopefully you get it down, It helps advance your game so much!

Train

Noob
very nice video.. for me hardest part for LRC was to cancel B14 into DB1... but as you said , u need to watch animation and as soon as leg (from pressing 4) comes out..u go into DB1

also, for the corner combo, I would suggest to do b2 b2 214 Ex shocker b14 LRC 21 (42%) 1 bar and u get the rest so u can combo after...if u want a bit more, and keep them standing, you can go b2 b2 214 Ex shocker b14 LRC 214 LB (better option than your superman ender)

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
despite what I said before, I have started to learn this, however, I can't land it in the corner unless its after a Shocker or njp.

and with the latest nerfs, the damage difference is small

hmm...also I still don't like giving up stamina, was his name Digit? he lost a round cause he didn't have the stamina at one point due to the cancel.

skrone

cold blooded
its worth learning how to do b2, b2, b14~LRC in the corner, you can get big damage starting combos this way, (usually 40+%) and you can do it meterless. The combo @Train listed above is a good option, but it is always good to have something in your pocket that doesn't require a bar. There is no way around the raw lab time needed to get this down. This is something that is necessary to have in your toolkit even if you don't use it all the time. The damage is one important aspect, but it is important to remember that this allows you to play safer as well. This is especially important against vortex characters where you really have to make the most out of damage conversions. @Black Chapters keep at it, getting this down in the corner was the hardest part for me. I also suggest learning Exdb3, b14~LRC. Using one bar, you can get a combo punish off of wakeup. If you need to recover stamina, using things like f12b2, b14~bf3, and b33~bf3, or ji3~bf3, are reliable, easy, meterless bnbs that can buy you some time, and momentum while you recover meter. Being able to keep up pressure while managing your stamina is just a part of playing thunder god. The cancel is even more powerful if you can get them to waste their meter. That way, you can maximize combo damage when they don't have the meter to break.

@Train I've put your standing reset suggestion into play sir! After watching Dizzy and Nivek play i realized that letting DB1 Go in the corner is pretty good in those situations.