What's new

Thumbwars presents Injustice Ranbats season 1: Episode 2 Feb 11, 2014 in Tampa, FL

I$AAC

Kombatant
Injustice RanBats #1 was a great success. Not only did things go without a hitch, but more people are now interested in making it out to #2.

I feel the players in this area that do play currently are strong and can help other players level up and encourage new people to play the game as well. There's quite a few of us and we use a good, diverse cast of characters whether it's tourney favorites like Superman or Black Adam, or more obscure characters like Hawkgirl and Lobo.

Even if you have never played the game before or even been in a tournament, coming out to an event like this is a great way to get your feet wet in the competitive scene for a low cost (2.00 venue fee) and test your skills in smaller scale event before heading to a Major tournament like CEO. Players of every skill level will be in attendance; don't feel like you have to be great (or even good) to participate. Although these are technically competitions, these weeklies are also to assess your level of gameplay, improve your skills if you want to (and if you don't, that's fine) and meet others of similar interests.

Now on to the point system. Everyone gets a point for participating in the ranbat tournament. You earn additional points if you finish in the top 3 spots. 1st place gets +3 points, 2nd gets +2 points, and 3rd gets +1 point. All accumulated points are totaled at the end of the season and the player with the most points will be crowned the champion of the ranbat season. Also, the winner of the ranbat season will be sponsored to go to Final Round in Atlanta, GA March 14-16, 2014.

Points Standings are as follows:

Isaac Arellano: 4 pts
John Harvey: 3 pts
Marcos Ceruto: 2 pts
Carlos A Lopez, Kabuki Jo, Jon Mejia, Mark Williams, and Joshua Clemente are all tied with 1 point

Tournament Rules:

Xbox 360 systems used
ALL DLC Legal
2.00 venue fee
Double Elimination
3/5 games for all matches
RANDOM stage select for all matches; Loser may change character, but the stage will randomly be chosen after characters are selected

Hope to see you all there! :)

P.s. yes I did copy a part of this from the gga ranbats page ;)

Here's the Facebook event page

https://www.facebook.com/events/664610810262503/