What's new

Throw Krushing blows changed

Arzumis

Noob
I rewatched the last kombat kast with Cassie and Kano. Did anyone else catch 16 bit said throw krushing blow mechanic has changed? Before, if you teched a throw wrong it would krushing blow for massive damage. On the kombat kast, bit said throw krushing blows are now on second wrong throw tech in a row.

16 bit explains the throw krushing blow mechanic at 1:14:10 in the video.

This is a big change and I don’t think I’ve seen any discussion on it.

Bonus Change [ Fatal blows are now on a 9 second cooldown, up from 5 ]

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Having a KB on both throws sounds like it might just be Kano specific.

The way he describes it makes me believe a KB on both throws is something not every character has.

Other characters might still have one throw KB and it might work on the second incorrect tech still. It creates the mindgame for the defending player because they know the attacker will get a huge payoff if you tech the forward throw incorrectly.

Either way, it's a very thoughtful change. I'm glad that KB on throws aren't completely universal like uppercut KBs.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Between this and the fatal blow adjustments, it's relieving to see them frequently tinkering with the mechanics in ways that still maintain their importance in a match.

that just seems weird. maybe if they let you activate the krushing blow throw with meter. I also feel like fatal blows shouldn't be on cooldown at all. you should just get access to them once per round.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
This is not a universal change. What 16 Bit said regarding throw Krushing Blows are just Kano's Krushing Blows, not all throw KB's from all of the characters. Listen from 01:13:56.

Arzumis

Noob
This is not a universal change. What 16 Bit said regarding throw Krushing Blows are just Kano's Krushing Blows, not all throw KB's from all of the characters. Listen from 01:13:56.
I doubt that. The only kano specific thing he said is that both of kano’s throws are krushing blows.

It's only less dumb. If you tech wrong you get thrown. That should be enough. Between that and the Johnny's string or special that you can't block three times in a row or something I think NRS loves dumb gimmicks a little too much.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Call me what you want I still think 50/50 throws are stupid. I can’t think of anyone who actually likes the idea of having a back throw and forward throw 50/50. Grab button or grab shortcut should tech grabs imo and only then would I not care about missing a tech window getting you a KB cause your opponent did not react in time to your grab. Not “derp you guessed wrong eat this free(somewhat) 18% or whatever it is for a KB throw.”Yes I’m aware you can duck grabs & if that’s your counter argument I hate you and everything you stand for(hehe)

.. but I love the change I guess.. I can live with it.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Damn there's a Krushing Blow I'll never get to see unless my opponent does it on purpose for some reason. No way is someone gonna fail a tech attemp twice a match when the penalty is so severe. If it was on the first throw it could happen on accident but the second? After failing the first one it's better to just eat the throw.

Alec

Noob
Call me what you want I still think 50/50 throws are stupid. I can’t think of anyone who actually likes the idea of having a back throw and forward throw 50/50. Grab button or grab shortcut should tech grabs imo and only then would I not care about missing a tech window getting you a KB cause your opponent did not react in time to your grab. Not “derp you guessed wrong eat this free(somewhat) 18% or whatever it is for a KB throw.”Yes I’m aware you can duck grabs & if that’s your counter argument I hate you and everything you stand for(hehe)

.. but I love the change I guess.. I can live with it.
LOL, more like 25% to 30%

I don't think it really matters for me. I can't throw tech anyway, I just eat the throw. loooool
Tech-ing throws is easier in MK11, there is a larger window to tech the grab.
Even if you don't intend to tech throws though, keep in mind that if you're grabbed while you're inputting a button/string, and, especially, if you're mashing, you can get a tech throw attempt.
That was "benign" in the past, since you'd either tech a throw unexpectedly, or take a throw you never intended to tech anyways.
Now, you could "unexpectedly" tech the wrong way, and it could cost you A LOT (see above).

I guess the lesson is: don't mash???

E

Eldriken

Good to see they're working on balance changes this late into development before the game even launches. We might just have a fairly balanced game right out of the gate.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Wait how DO you tech throws in MK11? Is it tied to the basic attack buttons so you can just catch them mashing or is it pressing THROW + Same Direction at the same time as the other person? The former will lead to WAY more accidental Krushing Blows probably than the latter.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
LOL, more like 25% to 30%

Tech-ing throws is easier in MK11, there is a larger window to tech the grab.
Even if you don't intend to tech throws though, keep in mind that if you're grabbed while you're inputting a button/string, and, especially, if you're mashing, you can get a tech throw attempt.
That was "benign" in the past, since you'd either tech a throw unexpectedly, or take a throw you never intended to tech anyways.
Now, you could "unexpectedly" tech the wrong way, and it could cost you A LOT (see above).

I guess the lesson is: don't mash???
Luckily, I don't mash. I don't/can't throw tech simply because I'm old and slow. Don't have the reactions for it. lmao