What's new

Thoughts on MKX

Insuperable

My mom tells me I'm pretty
Gameplay: Looks fast paced, normals have great range, interactables are blockable, and the brawling with subzero and scorpion looked brutal. Didn't see any pokes, though

New characters: lady bug looked too similar to raven and Sadira for me to enjoy her. Nunu looks like a pretty cool concept. Big body = big armor

Stages: no one is talking about this. That pier stage is amazing how is no one talking about it???

The game is very dark and the fights look brutal. I will be playing this no matter the circumstance. I hope NRS learned from mk9 and injustice

I'm not looking for mk9 2.0 or injustice gods reborn. Sorry

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I wasn't feeling the bug lady either, someone made a comment about Raven fighting Bane which made me lol. I'm digging Tusk. You are absolutely right, the stages looked amazing. More people should talk about that. I'm glad it doesn't 100% play like MK9...I think everyone would burn out quicker if it was the same. The one thing I'm super happy about is the movement speed. The walkspeed inparticular looked badass.

coolwhip

Noob
Didn't see any pokes, though
Keep in mind, we all made the same observation about Injustice. I didn't see any blocking in the MK gameplay trailer either, it doesn't mean it's not there. These things generally want to just showcase the game and its cool features, blocking and pokes are not top priority in that regard.

Insuperable

Keep in mind, we all made the same observation about Injustice. I didn't see any blocking in the MK gameplay trailer either, it doesn't mean it's not there. These things generally want to just showcase the game and its cool features, blocking and pokes are not top priority in that regard.
This is very true. From a casual point of view, combos and cool specials are #1 priority. It was a great presentation imo and I hope they can make a lot of sales

Matix218

Get over here!
This is very true. From a casual point of view, combos and cool specials are #1 priority. It was a great presentation imo and I hope they can make a lot of sales
Sales will not be an issue. Mk will always sell. I just hope that the gameplay is awesome (and I think it will be)

It looks badass but I'm pissed about the block button. Back to block is a more nuanced system IMO. Granted, I have no idea what complexities, i.e. meta-games, NRS has conjured since IGAU. For that reason I'll refrain from commenting hereon.

No doubt it'll be really fun to play. NRS has proven as much in the last few years.

Matix218

Get over here!
It looks badass but I'm pissed about the block button. Back to block is a more nuanced system IMO. Granted, I have no idea what complexities, i.e. meta-games, NRS has conjured since IGAU. For that reason I'll refrain from commenting hereon.

No doubt it'll be really fun to play. NRS has proven as much in the last few years.
Block button worked fine in mk9
You opened people up with pressure instead of crossups. It will most likely be similar in mkx

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
The Block button is what makes Mortal Kombat work, with all the pressure tools and teleport oriented move sets everyone has.

Personally, I am MORE THAN STOKED and my body is far beyond ready for this. The game looks fantastic, and at 60 fps 1080p no less. I'm probably picking this up on the PS4.

Can't wait to see more stages, and more classic characters in their 'revamped' style make a return.

Insuperable

Me too man. Been my favorite game since I was little (mk1 era).

mk9 blew me away when it first came out and im sure mkx will too
Same to both you and @Eddy Wang :p I just hope that people don't dislike the game because of the way their character looks. I know so many people that dislike the Ermac concept art, but I love it. The characters look so dark, and that's the way Mortal Kombat should be imo.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I know so many people that dislike the Ermac concept art, but I love it. The characters look so dark, and that's the way Mortal Kombat should be imo.
I'm not worried about it at all in the least to be honest. Even though I like the new character designs, I know FOR SURE they will have alternate and 'classic' outfits for those characters. NRS has a solid track record for putting something in for everyone.

Matix218

Get over here!
Same to both you and @Eddy Wang :p I just hope that people don't dislike the game because of the way their character looks. I know so many people that dislike the Ermac concept art, but I love it. The characters look so dark, and that's the way Mortal Kombat should be imo.
I love that Ermac concept! And I am digging the whole dark atmosphere of both the cg and the gameplay trailer

Cant wait for mkx