What's new

Thoughts on interactables?

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
So I watched a big chunk of Combo Breaker. I started from top 96 and went all of the way to finals. I saw damage interactables used 3 times and then escape interactables used twice. Why don't people use them? I personally find some of them to be decent or even pretty good. On special forces desert command I like to start off with Erron Black's F32 into the skull interactable, corner stuff with the shaolin trap dungeon fire statue, and all of the ones on shinnok's bone temple are good. Is it because they cost a bar of meter? Maybe they should be meterless with the option to amplify? What do you guys think?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It is just the age of the game. People are still working out how to play it, let alone exploit every part of it. Give it a year and I bet you see intractables (beside jump out of corner) used pretty much constantly.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
I mean I guess but I don't think so. It's still the same type of stuff that we've been messing around with since Injustice.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
The real question is: Why is the camera in Injustice games so zoomed out because of interactables, while the camera in MK games is not, DESPITE those games using interactables themselves?

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Interactables, ive been utilizing those as much as possible since mkx...underutilized, underrated l, especially for kano players

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I mean I guess but I don't think so. It's still the same type of stuff that we've been messing around with since Injustice.
Exactly m. And just like injustice 1 and 2 and mkx intractables will become a staple tatci used constantly in mk11.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
Do you guys have any good interactable set ups? Like I said I like Erron Black on special forces desert command. Start with F32 and on block use the skull interactable and on hit confirm into amp slide. Then on wakeup you can try to hit them with 21212. If that hits then confirm into full combo but on block try the skull again. haha :D

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
@Immortal Reaver
Without going to the lab myself I'm pretty sure there are interactable option select for each character (looks at Bird Lao). The issue is;

1. It costs 1 defensive bar
  2. With teleport cancels and among other things being more usable what defensive meter, unfortunately this type of tech gets pushed to the side.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Intractables are just not that good in this game. The Shaolin trap dungeon rest and is good and the corner escapes are good, but most of the are incredibly slow. That's your answer.

i only use them by accident when trying to amplify a move
Ok....so I’m not the only one accidentally using them because of that button being used for 2 different things. Interact button for amplify is a bad idea. They should have used block button....or maybe even flip stance for amplying.

Ayx

Omnipresent
I think only the throw ones are the only good ones atm and that's a stretch since players are adapting day by day to block on reaction instead of holding block all the time. The throwable objects are slow, barely do damage and the animation is too obvious so you burn a defensive bar for nothing. The jump kick/wall escape one is ok but players can scout it if they notice their opponent is getting anxious in the corner and you exhausted most of his defensive options (grabbed him after a bad getup mostly).

The best ones in the game for sure are
- Tarkatan's War Kamp low being the only low ( ? ) in the game which throws people off if you have them blocking high mid string. Usually a muscle memory error on the opponent's behalf or an actual combo ender if you run out of off. meter.

- Black Dragon's Hammer since it's one of the only OH's in the game as well. Not to mention the startup on that hammer is ridiculously fast compared to the chainsaw and spear in Shang's ruins which are only good for the armor version that costs 3 !! bars.

- Shaolin's Trap Dungeron's right hand corner has a borderline broken throw grab at the moment. Not to mention the distance isn't bad, you are way + on success and most importantly you are in restand meaning they have to eat pretty much whatever you dish to them. IMO it's the best interact-able in the game.