What's new

Thoughts on bar and finishers

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I think there will definitely be a bar with breaker and enhanced specials (maybe called somewhat else). And I think there will be some kind of 3-bar special (like when Superman punches Flash into open space and back on Earth in the trailer).
As for finishers, I saw heroic brutalities in MKDC and they were shit to say the least. Maybe something new this time, but what can be more interesting or the same as a Fatality with head rip-offs and limb-beating to death?

SZSR

Noob
NRS is at the mercy of the DC license holders. That's why MKvsDC turned out the way it was.

3-bar specials would be great to have again, actual gory Fatalities from the villains would also be a great idea. Not sure about DC characters killing people, they've done so in the comics but I can't see it here.

Maybe since it's injustice and it's a dark and grittier version of MKvsDC we'll see something done.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I'm sure they will do something brutal, but I don't think DC will allow their heroes to be looked at as "killers".

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
If you've played a dbz fighting game, it looks like you've played this one. No gore, no balance, gimmicky characters that are inherently better than most others. There will be no tier list arguments - there will be a tier list. And if you don't play top tier, you lose.

I don't get the hype.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Define brutal.
Idk honestly lol. Hopefully it will be something more brutal than the heroic brutalities. If Bane makes it into the game, he has to finish the opponent of in some brutal fashion. Maybe pummel the opponent or crush their bones?

I saw a screenshot with Harley Quinn and she was shooting Batman with a gun, blood was shown. So hopefully there will be some kind of finisher.

shig

kool guy
If you've played a dbz fighting game, it looks like you've played this one. No gore, no balance, gimmicky characters that are inherently better than most others. There will be no tier list arguments - there will be a tier list. And if you don't play top tier, you lose.

I don't get the hype.

do you have like reasons and shit or are you just real super sure

Enenra

Go to hell.
If it isn't M I definitely won't buy it.

That sounds narrow and simplistic, but I like to make the other person bleed. I like my punches to feel powerful... Impacting.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
My worst fear and probably whats going to happen.

Whatever. Im sure Diablo 3 can last me another 2-3 years.

Mosp

Noob

I don't get the hype.

Idk man it just looks like a fun game. I'm not looking for a competitive scene in it but that's not the only reason I play games, don't we all play games for the fun factor?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

I don't get the hype.

You have seen one reveal trailer, judging it off of that is stupid.

AYSAMO

Noob
I'm expecting tons of patches and hotfixes.

The more I read about this game the less hype I get.. But it's only day 1, there's still a whole year of info to be revealed and the possibility of me buying this and enjoying it getting better.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Hate to bust your balls Ninj but this was just the announcement trailer. Now I know my mind is racing with thoughts of how "each character uses the environment differently" thing, but I'm not holding my breath for that. NRS took a huge step forward with MK9 when you consider their track record from the last decade. I just think the announcement trailer is too soon to be making a really harsh judgement when we don't even know the specifics of the game at all. (Don't read it like I'm being dickish plz)

Edit: Those few comments above me were posted before this thread refreshed. Don't hate me.

On the topic of the thread, I was going to speculate that the asura's wrath "smack you into orbit and back down to earth" thing was indeed some sort of finisher. Who knows? Maybe thats superman's brutality?

I don't get the hype.
Remove the no gore part and you just described MK9...

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Aieeee. Just my opinion on what I saw. Reminds me of DBZ. I'm prepared to be wrong :p I'm also prepared to be right...so be ready because I will invite you all to suck it! <3