What's new

Thoughts on a jukebox mode for MK1

Personally, im not really liking the music and stage themes in these last few mk games.To be fair MK1 is much better then then MKx and MK11 but its still not that good,it kinda misses that mk feeling and charm those 3d era and classic games had that really set the tone for those games.

A jukebox mode like it was in tekken 7 would be great in my opinion,as it would allow to set those stage themes from past classic and 3d era titles to any stage of your liking,changing the main menu music as well,which is in my opinion really bad in Mk1.

How do you guys feel about the music in these newer NRS titles and what fo you think about an inclusion of a jukebox mode?

thesacrifist

Too old for this
There are TONS of other more important missing features, but sure, when they get to that stage where they can do fanservice and nice to have things instead of need to have things I'd love a jukebox mode

There are TONS of other more important missing features, but sure, when they get to that stage where they can do fanservice and nice to have things instead of need to have things I'd love a jukebox mode
Yeah the game for sure needs a gret deal of polish and fixes right now,it takes priority ofc.It was meant as in the future type thing,and see what others think

I would love a Jukebox mode so much. I think every fighting game should have one tbh. MK1's music sucks ass
100%,and MK would benefit from it the most imo,i really dont understand the direction they are going with.This almost generic super hero movie type music is just not a good fit at all.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
As awesome as jukebox mode would be, I don't see it ever happening. It's also not something they should prioritize over actually fixing the game, but if it was added even as paid content, I'd be all over it.

The last NRS game with decent music was MK9. Since then it's been BEYOND forgettable. I don't even notice it most of the time. I really don't get it. You'd think a game like MK would benefit the same way from the music as something like Doom does. The music in the trailers always slaps and then the game releases and you don't even notice that there's music at all. Very odd.

As awesome as jukebox mode would be, I don't see it ever happening. It's also not something they should prioritize over actually fixing the game, but if it was added even as paid content, I'd be all over it.

The last NRS game with decent music was MK9. Since then it's been BEYOND forgettable. I don't even notice it most of the time. I really don't get it. You'd think a game like MK would benefit the same way from the music as something like Doom does. The music in the trailers always slaps and then the game releases and you don't even notice that there's music at all. Very odd.
They even had the opportunity to work with Mick gordon the guy that made the new doom games and KI(2013) music,a legend,and they turned him down lol.
He really could have made some sick tracks for mk,in the stlye of the 3d era themes.

i know its low probablity but i do hope a jukebox mode of some type gets added,maybe even with mods.But this brings to light another issue they are heavy anit-moding,its very dissapointing.You look at sf and tekken and they have great modding scenes and the developer is not deliberatly working against them.Many cool stuff gets done like proper character voice effects swaps from previous games.In my opinion the way the characters sounded and grunted during comabt was the best in the 3d era and mksm,it would be amazing to get those here.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
They even had the opportunity to work with Mick gordon the guy that made the new doom games and KI(2013) music,a legend,and they turned him down lol.
He really could have made some sick tracks for mk,in the stlye of the 3d era themes.

i know its low probablity but i do hope a jukebox mode of some type gets added,maybe even with mods.But this brings to light another issue they are heavy anit-moding,its very dissapointing.You look at sf and tekken and they have great modding scenes and the developer is not deliberatly working against them.Many cool stuff gets done like proper character voice effects swaps from previous games.In my opinion the way the characters sounded and grunted during comabt was the best in the 3d era and mksm,it would be amazing to get those here.
Yeah, the Mick Gordon situation is incredibly disappointing. I can't even imagine the shit he could have composed for MK. Would have absolutely ripped.