What's new

General/Other This has to be a curse....

I always random a new char when i get bored with the ones I know how to play, but I always avoid NW until now. The way I play NW is basicially a lot of B2's and flip kicks trying to keep the other person blocking. Is that the right way to play NW?

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The way I play NW is basicially a lot of B2's and flip kicks trying to keep the other person blocking. Is that the right way to play NW?
This question has been asked many times; how to play NW? My personal response would be NW has enough tools to play him with 3 or 4 different styles. Use all his tools to keep mixing up things.

So when I'm doing block strings. I can make anything unsafe safe w/ a flip kick, but which ones are truly safe? Also is it possible to switch to staff when someone is blocking without being punished?

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
So when I'm doing block strings. I can make anything unsafe safe w/ a flip kick, but which ones are truly safe? Also is it possible to switch to staff when someone is blocking without being punished?
You on Xbox or ps3?

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
You can cancel into flipkick, but some characters can knock you out of it or duck it. It's not completely safe. The only thing you can safely staff cancel into is staff spin.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
@danger3 flip kick was a move that was never fixed :/. Its an overhead that whiffs on alot of the cast that ducks or can be mashed out of. Aquaman for example always gets out for free and you get fucked for it lol. There are ways to make it work though it's just BS that you can hit NW and trade or duck the overhead lol

If you wanna get punished eventually, you can keep doing that.

As for my personal opinion, Nightwing can be played in many ways, but I think it's best if he's playing by spacing and Keepaway. Make the opponent come to you and have them make mistakes. When you catch them and get a punish, switch to staff and get on that ass and abuse your plus frames.

But hey, I'm prolly a scrub, you play how you want to play.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Use 3 when jumping as you can db 1 off it. Mix up with his ground sparks as a good way to zone and keep good defense.