What's new

Thinking of Reptile as Alt

ELC

Scrublord McGee
Title is self-explanatory. I feel that Reptile has a better zoning game than Scorpion and my first attempted alt, Ermac. He also has Elbow Dash and Slide to escape pressure, which is something neither Scorpion or Ermac can do.

So, any tips for an aspiring Reptile-user? ^_^

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Learn to pressure with enhanced forceball.
Learn the spacing needed to do an elbow dash without hitting the opponent.
Learn to d4/d3 into an acid hand.
Charge a forceball for antiair.
Don't get mad when people rage at you for using Reptile

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
lmao Citizen how was the EVO experience man?
It was awesome dude. My first offline experience. I was in the same Pool as Aris, Tom Brady and my friend. In my first match I didn't do a button check and I ended up having input lag problems so I got crushed the first match. I asked the guy I played if I can quickly replug the converter and when I did I beat him 2-0 the next match. But I ended up losing a real close third match 1-2. I am quite mad at myself for not doing a button check becsause I feel like I would have won, but props the the Kung Lao player he was good.

Then in Loser's I beat some girl on stream. She seemed like a beginner so I felt bad but I wasn't doing so good either, dropped a few njp combos on stream lol. Then I beat AU Digimon who used Sheeva. He actually beat me one match I was nervous as hell I had no idea what Sheeva could do lol. I ended up winning the whole series though. Then I had to fight Brady. I beat his Sub Zero 2-0 but then his Kung Lao beat me 1-2 and 0-2. I was really close though. I got my hat signed by Brady afterwards lol

Sunday night after EVO I went to play some casuals and lost a money match to Brady, beat CAT and lost to Marvaz. There are vids of the Brady and CAT money match out there lol.

Overall I had a freaking amazing time. I didn't care about how far I got just wanted to experience it. I do believe I can do better though and plan on going to more offline tournies. Hopefully people in MD will be willing to make a MK scene because so far I don't know of any local tournies or groups.