What's new

Thinking of Kneeling Before Zod.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
With the new skin and his already awesome Intro im considering picking up Zod. Hopefully I get less Bitching than ppl losing to Black adam.

First id like to know what are his positives and negatives.

I know a lot use him for zoning but I like to play a hybrid with a mix of both depending on a opponent.

How does he fair vs the elite four?
Superman
Black Adam
Batman
Aquaman

Even Green latern?

Some helpful tips would be nice.

Ill be hiting the lab to find some stuff for him.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Zod sux online. his a hard character to begin with, playing online against a decent player is balls. his bread n butter juggles start with a low. a good player knows this and will constantly block low when your close. he has a overhead 3 hit combo but not much could be done after that, well at least not as much as the low starter. his trait is excellent if used well. noobs always fall for the grab but decent players you have to be more strategic. eg. trait with ground laser when zoning, or trait and low starter at the same time, that works well. i love zod, but it seems like im always kneeling before him cause playing him online is a joke.

Cat

Zod sux online. his a hard character to begin with, playing online against a decent player is balls. his bread n butter juggles start with a low. a good player knows this and will constantly block low when your close. he has a overhead 3 hit combo but not much could be done after that, well at least not as much as the low starter. his trait is excellent if used well. noobs always fall for the grab but decent players you have to be more strategic. eg. trait with ground laser when zoning, or trait and low starter at the same time, that works well. i love zod, but it seems like im always kneeling before him cause playing him online is a joke.

I don't tend to play online really. Amd any combo from a low or overhead is great compared to Joker.

I dont mind putting in work with the char if I actually enjoy using him

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO
He can definitely compete with those match ups once you've played each of them a couple of times and figured out how to approach in each. His main dirt is his trait. There are tons of low-overhead mix ups while it's out and you can get real creative with it. Overall, he's very fun to use and will probably move up in the tier list in the future.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
My opinions

Uberman: He might have a hard time getting things going in the zoning game due to the speed of lasers, and close range is difficult due to F23.

Black Adam: IAZB is probably the best option, because it lets you float over low lightning and it keeps him from doing reckless dive kicks. Just watch out for black magic

Batman: I feel like batman should lose this due to the nature of zod blast and the speed of pistols, and close up, trait should keep any attempts at wake up counter in check.

Aquaman: I'm not sure if IAZB goes over ground trident, but probably not. Another difficult match up for Zod I feel, but if you can get trait out, you can probably keep him in check since u can stuff tridents, and go through shield with it.

Basically, anyone that can outpace him in the zoning game is a problem for Zod, but this is just my first impressions of the match-ups. If you have specific match-up questions, I'll be happy to try and help.

Ok first of all, the post about "not much can be done of his overhead string" thats not true, he actually has many combos involving overhead string into either MB ground laser or u can follow it up with a trait grab or trait slash into an extended combo if ur trait is out

He has options with both low and overhead starters and he has decent zoning, although he is a little execution intensive in the eyes of many and is by no means an "easy character" (F23 man) he is very fun to play and imo he'll end up in mid to high tier (although im no pro lol)

Reactions: Cat

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
I recently picked up Zod. Although I'm not an expert on him, he seems very very good. He's really fun to play, & has swaggy combos. IAZBs & reptile dash (I forgot what the actual name of the attack is lol) give Zod excellent control of the air, & when Zod's trait is out the opponent has to completely respect your options. He gets ~40% off a d12~MB laser, has great whiff punishing & can check people fullscreen thanks to laser. Zod's corner game is also very very dumb when you have trait available.

I don't think BA or Superman have many tools that give Zod that much trouble. I believe IAZBs avoid BA's low lightning & discourage BA from divekicking. Vs Aquaman is annoying because his trait shuts down your combo ability up close, but Zod's trait shuts Aquaman down full screen too. I'm not sure if Zod's lasers are fast enough to punish a blocked trident fullscreen. Zod might struggle vs. Batman though due to his versatility.

RM Truth

I recently picked up Zod. Although I'm not an expert on him, he seems very very good. He's really fun to play, & has swaggy combos. IAZDs & reptile dash (I forgot what the actual name of the attack is lol) give Zod excellent control of the air, & when Zod's trait is out the opponent has to completely respect your options. Zod's corner game is also very very dumb when you have trait available.

I don't think BA or Superman have any tools that give Zod trouble. Vs Aquaman is annoying because his trait shuts down your combo ability up close, but Zod's trait shuts Aquaman down full screen too. Zod might stuggle vs. Batman though.

Damn. Like the exact opposite of what I said.

RM Truth

My opinions

Uberman: He might have a hard time getting things going in the zoning game due to the speed of lasers, and close range is difficult due to F23.

Black Adam: IAZB is probably the best option, because it lets you float over low lightning and it keeps him from doing reckless dive kicks. Just watch out for black magic

Batman: I feel like batman should lose this due to the nature of zod blast and the speed of pistols, and close up, trait should keep any attempts at wake up counter in check.

Aquaman: I'm not sure if IAZB goes over ground trident, but probably not. Another difficult match up for Zod I feel, but if you can get trait out, you can probably keep him in check since u can stuff tridents, and go through shield with it.

Basically, anyone that can outpace him in the zoning game is a problem for Zod, but this is just my first impressions of the match-ups. If you have specific match-up questions, I'll be happy to try and help.

I forgot to factor in Zod's parry, which makes the MU against Superman much more managable at close range. Probably even.

Cat

Ok first of all, the post about "not much can be done of his overhead string" thats not true, he actually has many combos involving overhead string into either MB ground laser or u can follow it up with a trait grab or trait slash into an extended combo if ur trait is out

He has options with both low and overhead starters and he has decent zoning, although he is a little execution intensive in the eyes of many and is by no means an "easy character" (F23 man) he is very fun to play and imo he'll end up in mid to high tier (although im no pro lol)
Im pretty good execution wise. Nothing has been harder than joker teeth combos amd those arent impossible either.

Any link to a combo video with his bnbs and all

RM Truth

Im pretty good execution wise. Nothing has been harder than joker teeth combos amd those arent impossible either.

Any link to a combo video with his bnbs and all

You should go watch videos of Pig of the Hut and Wonder Chef. Right now, they are probably the two best Zods out there.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
Damn. Like the exact opposite of what I said.
lol. Well he's still a new character, so no one truly knows all the matchups yet. In the long run we both could be wrong. Anyway, here's my reasoning....

Vs Superman - Supes zoning is annoying, but with practice it's not hard to get around. I feel that once Zod lands a combo and ends it with trait, the match changes completely. Then Zod can begin to establish his zoning, & Supes' game is shut down. Zod also does ~35% meterless damage from his Bnb, while Supes needs trait & 1 bar to do ~40%. Supes can't do air lasers or use air interactables due to Zod charge. f2 3 is annoying, but the chip damage in this game is ass & you can always backdash it.

Vs Black Adam - Black Adam with trait up close is a dick. b2~trait puts BA at +10 which gives him a free grab, divekick crossup, or if it hits he can go into full combo for ~47% with one bar. On the other hand, when BA is full screen there's not much he can do when Zod is IAZBing. BA can make a read & try to punish with black magic, but if he guesses wrong he gets blown up.

Vs. Aquaman - Aquaman is really really stupid, but if Zod can punish a blocked ground trident I feel he this is almost even. I think Zod's meterless damage, whiff punishing, & trait save him in this MU.

Vs Batman - This character can do everything you can do fullscreen. Zod can do heavy damage from fullscreen with MB laser, but the second your IAZB goes too high, he can MB grapple you. Zod's trait is annoying for Batman, but Batman's bats are annoying for Zod & they'll be coming at you the whole match. IAZBs discourage batman from jumping, but MB batarang discourages Zod from jumping. Both characters have great meterless damage. Batman wins up close clearly. The Batman player will have to be more patient than usual, but I don't see how Zod wins this MU. If Zod could activate his trait faster, he might win the MU, but as it is now the only time Zod can safely activate trait is at the end of a combo or if a Zod ball hits, while Batman has bats coming at you all day every day. I would like to see Pig of the Hut's Zod against PL's Batman to see if my thoughts are correct, but as of right now this seems to be fairly bad for Zod.

RM Truth

lol. Well he's still a new character, so no one truly knows all the matchups yet. In the long run we both could be wrong. Anyway, here's my reasoning....

Vs Superman - Supes zoning is annoying, but with practice it's not hard to get around. I feel that once Zod lands a combo and ends it with trait, the match changes completely. Then Zod can begin to establish his zoning, & Supes' game is shut down. Zod also does ~35% meterless damage from his Bnb, while Supes needs trait & 1 bar to do ~40%. Supes can't do air lasers or use air interactables due to Zod charge. f2 3 is annoying, but the chip damage in this game is ass & you can always backdash it.

Vs Black Adam - Black Adam with trait up close is a dick. b2~trait puts BA at +10 which gives him a free grab, divekick crossup, or if it hits he can go into full combo for ~47% with one bar. On the other hand, when BA is full screen there's not much he can do when Zod is IAZBing. BA can make a read & try to punish with black magic, but if he guesses wrong he gets blown up.

Vs. Aquaman - Aquaman is really really stupid, but if Zod can punish a blocked ground trident I feel he this is almost even. I think Zod's meterless damage, whiff punishing, & trait save him in this MU.

Vs Batman - This character can do everything you can do fullscreen. Zod can do heavy damage from fullscreen with MB laser, but the second your IAZB goes too high, he can MB grapple you. Zod's trait is annoying for Batman, but Batman's bats are annoying for Zod & they'll be coming at you the whole match. IAZBs discourage batman from jumping, but MB batarang discourages Zod from jumping. Batman wins up close clearly. The Batman player will have to be more patient than usual, but I don't see how Zod wins this MU. If Zod could activate his trait faster, he might win the MU, but as it is now the only time Zod can safely activate trait is at the end of a combo or if a Zod ball hits, while Batman has bats coming at you all day every day.

Batman has to be careful, because pistol can blow up anything that Batman tries to do on reaction, and the changing speeds of Zod Blast means that he can't double jump over projectiles that easily, and batarang and grapple are too slow to punish, i think. Up close it basically comes down to who gets the first hit, as if Batman gets knocked down he's screwed due to having no wake up game, and a well timed jump from Batman will blow up Zod Charge and Force Palm.

good point. i used him lab last night and ended up doing a 3 hit overhead with trait d2 trait b3.... pretty good