What's new

There can be only one....

...Kenshi move thread. I had to say it, haha. Anyway, this thread is just for what moves it looks like he has; this is pure speculation, feel free to post what you saw in the trailer (and what we may see in the future).

Notable normals- looks like he does have some of his MKDA palm rush moves; low and overhead launchers (very nice); also his sword attacks have mad range.

Specials- (1) Spirit Sword Uppercut- similar to NW's hatchet uppercut, but with more forward range, ex hits twice. (2) Overhead Spirit Slash- Long range overhead strike, ex hits twice. (3) Reflect- similar to NW's reflect, but Ken uses his sword; I wonder how this will work on projectiles like Noob's clones and Scorp's spear. (4) Spirit Combo Rush- mid range attack similar to Ermac tkp except it combos, ex knocks down. (5) Telekinetic Push? - Similar to Ermac's, this could be an Ex of another move...it happens very quickly in the trailer.

X-Ray: Projectile. The X-ray itself is a projectile that comes out very fast, it just happens to combo off of reflect. This still gives him immense shut down power from afar...this can be as game changing as Cage's X-Ray when one has the meter for it.

Throw: This is his classic telekinetic throw from the former games. Originally thought to be a special move, this just his standard throw.

Possible Pros: great range on pokes, mid range domination, can shut down zoning with reflect and X-Ray, multiple launchers.

Possible Cons: Seems to have long start up on attacks, possible blind spot on spirit attacks?

Once again this character is still in development and this is all subject to change (its only speculation based on a teaser trailer anyway). Please post anything else I might have missed or got wrong.

NOTE: I will update this later with time stamps unless someone beats me to it.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
I don't think his X Ray is a projectile counter. I rewatched that part of the trailer a lot and I'm pretty sure the X Ray activation is the sword throw; a full screen projectile like Sektor's. Looks like he just reflected>X Ray. You don't hear the X Ray activation noise until he throws the sword.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
The first move he does in the trailer looks like a low startup move. Similar to Sheevas forward 3. Not sure if it can be part of a string but looks like a nice poke to catch someone standing.

At the end of the trailer he's doing a reflect then hit confirming it into his xray. Pretty cool.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I think the telekenetic throw is just his actual throw, its shown two times in the trailer, and the second time it shows him in a throw animation before it starts up.
I could be wrong though.

Nah, you are right. I rewatched it and noticed that too. He does seem to have a tkp like move though that he used half way into the trailer, though it looked kind of like an Ex move. Also, his X-ray is a projectile itself; it just happens to combo off of reflect, which still gives it the same shut down power.

Xoo

Noob
As for his range and perhaps "blind spot" issue, if you watch the Sonya part he uses the same projection combo on her at two different ranges both start as 1,4. Indicates that either the projection starts in front of the person (up to a certain range), or there is a way to control it, ie. close/medium/far projection combo.