What's new

The Watchtower v2 -- Injustice: Gods Among Us Primer [IGAU is OUT NOW!]

Release Date -- 4.16.2013 [NA] & 4.19.2013 [EU]
Pre-Order Bonuses --
  • Walmart - Arkham City DLC + Copy of Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
Warner Brothers and NetherRealm Studios are hosting an Injustice: Gods Among Us Battle Arena. Visit injustice.dccomics.com to Vote!

Cross Ups

Wallbounces

Meter Burn AKA Enhanced Specials

Back to Block

ADDITIONAL GAME MECHANIC INFORMATION--
  • Back to Block
  • Double Layered Health System
  • Hit Trades
  • Light, Medium, Hard, Chain Combo System
  • Environment Interaction
  • In Game Frame Data
  • Improved Training Mode that allows players to assign commands to AI
  • Option to toggle Negative Edge
  • Option to use traditional SF style inputs or MK style inputs
  • Online Practice Mode
  • Push Block
UNDERSTANDING MORTAL KOMBAT VS TRADITIONAL [STREET FIGTHER] NOTATION--

Injustice: Gods Among Us will feature an option that allows the player to change their control scheme
[THIS DOES NOT CHANGE GAME MECHANICS!]

Most players entering Injustice: Gods Among Us will either be more familiar with one or the other, so here's a simple run down on each input notation and their translation.

This option will allow players who are comfortable with traditional "Street Fighter" style commands to input how they desire with the ability to do QCF motions [Quarter Circle Forward] etc.

It also allows players who are comfrotible with "Mortal Kombat" style commands to input how they desire with the ability to do DF motions [Down Forward] etc.

So hopefully when the game drops, you all can choose which ever you're more comfortable with and properly understand their differences.
Playstation
x - 3
o - 4
X - 1
Y - 2
A - 3
B- 4

UNDERSTANDING A FIGHT STICK BUTTON LAYOUT AND NOTATION --
Mortal Kombat Style Notations:
F - Forward [:r]
B - Back [:l]
D - Down [:d]
U - Up [:u]
UF - Up Forward [:u:r]
DF - Down Forward [:d:r]
UB - Up Back [:u:l]
DB - Down Back [:d:l]
DBF - Down Back Forward [:d:l:r]

Traditional [Street Fighter] Style Notations:
QCF - Quarter Circle Forward
QCB- Quarter Circle Back
HCF - Half Circle Forward
HCB - Half Circle Back
U- Up
F - Forward
D - Down
B - Back
Here's a simple way of looking at TRADITIONAL"QCF" notations if you do not understand them.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US PREQUEL COMICS CURRENT ISSUE #7 --PURCHASE HERE!

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Are the inputs for various ubiquitous functions among the cast (throws, supers, stage transitions, clash, etc) known? That'd be some helpful info that'd complement this hub fairly nicely I think. Thanks for the good work so far.

Are the inputs for various ubiquitous functions among the cast (throws, supers, stage transitions, clash, etc) known? That'd be some helpful info that'd complement this hub fairly nicely I think. Thanks for the good work so far.
1+3 is throw, Simultaneous triggers is your Super Move, those are probably the only solid thing that's known so far.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
Oh, wow. I just noticed that the trait button is on... well, not the button I believed it would be on. I hope rebinding is quick and efficient... But that might not be practical if it really messes with the throw input.

Doctrine Dark

Ready for MK11
Been lurking for a good while without posting, but I felt obligated to hop online and thank you for creating such a clean, informative topic. It's gotten me up to date on a lot of the things I didn't know about. Awesome!