What's new

The transfer of martial arts skill into fighting games.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy
I was thinking about this after posting a video of a guy doing a mostly obscure fighting style shared by some tekken characters called capoleria.

Do you guys think that training in martial arts in real life has any beneficial crossover skills into playing fighting games?

I think a big one is the practicing aspect, you must practice at both to succeed, although this holds true for every single talent, but I think Martial arts offers a better "compensation" for your practice then lets say, playing a musical instrument with its sort of "leveling" system with belts. This in turn helps re enforce the helpfulness at practicing, and knowledge of HOW to practice. Practice does not make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Another thing I think might be helpful is knowing how and what to capitalize with at an instant. Essentially knowing the techniques, and counters to techniques, and being able to pull from your database of moves you know.

So what are your guys' thoughts?

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Feinting, telegraphs, reads. Stop hits, "whiff punshing", pattern recognition .Different context. Some mental transference but I don't see much past that....my $.02