What's new

Match Footage The Small Men Must Break

Heres so matches of me for the 1st time just really getting my bane gameplay out to the public, i would like feedback from u guys and suggestions...enjoy!....good bane matches start at 59:00 mark....shouts out too wonder chef for that nice day 1 zod...

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Heres so matches of me for the 1st time just really getting my bane gameplay out to the public, i would like feedback from u guys and suggestions...enjoy!....good bane matches start at 59:00 mark....shouts out too wonder chef for that nice day 1 zod...

i saw some of your flash vs zod, b22 wiffs on zod crouching as you probably could tell, also you should use sonic pound combos if your gonna use trait it the combo, waaaay more damage and wall carry, and builds back more meter. who do you main, i didn't watch the whole thing but it seems like you were using every character, pls say flash :)

i saw some of your flash vs zod, b22 wiffs on zod crouching as you probably could tell, also you should use sonic pound combos if your gonna use trait it the combo, waaaay more damage and wall carry, and builds back more meter. who do you main, i didn't watch the whole thing but it seems like you were using every character, pls say flash :)
zyphox do u play on ps3?

IMO after watching the Bane footage:
You need more patience when playing this char. You kept dashing into attacks and kept trying to do charges from fullscreen. Patience is key when playing bane believe it or not, you were clearly desperate to get in too many times and you attempted it wrecklessly, hence why you kept getting punished hard. I also noticed you were not utilizing his F2D overhead nor the followup setups on knockdowns. You were also overusing the JD3 splash. the splash is negative on block and you kept trying to attack after it was blocked, hence why you kept getting poked and punished. Use the splash for crossup pressure after a knockdown instead, this works really well in the corner, or if you read a preemptive jump in you can use a neutral JD3, it has a god like hitbox. JD3 mixup example: B23-Dash-crossup JD3. Another thing you were doing is jumping in alot. You don't jump as Bane nor attempt jump ins, that gets him punsihed hard. There really is no need to jump, you have the best dash in the game to get in. If you must jump in attack, use his j1 instead. Its really plus on block. Another thing you were not doing was abusing Banes backdash. Banes backdash is crazy for getting people to whiff stuff. You also need to abuse d1-bf2 more. Get them to respect the mixup to open them up for more pressure and mixups. It's a low-high and leaves you neutral on block. You also need to hit confirm more but I suppose online its more difficult so whatever lol. As for venom management, it wasn't too bad. You just need to be careful with it and never reach level 3 unless you're going for the kill. Another thing you should work on is doing a just frame command grab from a dash, especially when venommed up. When you get this down people will shit bricks when they see you dash and thats when the fun begins. They'll either backdash or jump most of the time and you can punish them hard for that. Well, thats my opinion/review.

GGA Max

Everyone seems to play the character differently.

IMO don't be afraid to go to level 3. You can cover your tracks by ending your combo in
-a run (putting you full screen to recover)
-meter burn back-breaker (has super long duration that almost completely covers the debuff)

I do it almost every time.

Zyphox

Everyone seems to play the character differently.

IMO don't be afraid to go to level 3. You can cover your tracks by ending your combo in
-a run (putting you full screen to recover)
-meter burn back-breaker (has super long duration that almost completely covers the debuff)

I do it almost every time.
you make yolo and bane look like they should be the same word O.O ;)

GGA Max

lol Hey wait a minute! I wanted to address the mashing thing. Its kinda true man, if Bane sees a gap he only needs ONE FRAME to over power 99% of anything that happens next. So it's pretty logical ;)

great shit tonight phox, i want to run more matches against that flash of yours, i havent played a flash on that level, very intellegent, nice spacing, had to work so had to leave, i will break out my flash next time.

Zyphox

great shit tonight phox, i want to run more matches against that flash of yours, i havent played a flash on that level, very intellegent, nice spacing, had to work so had to leave, i will break out my flash next time.
no problem, when ever you are on shoot me an invite and we could play :)

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
GodsLonelyman

Good advice. d1~bf2 is low to overhead, that's what makes it so good, especially with venom. I'm guessing brainfart on that, you should know if you play him. Only thing I disagree with is you saying not to go lvl 3. If you have good defense, or get them scarred, go lvl 3 all day! Going lvl 3 is also part of my preasure chain (when i can get it going) since it armors F2D and leads to straight up stupid damage on hit when chained to MB specials and many opponents block low against Bane so you get it a lot. Who doesn't like 30-40% for one bar and range for a cmd grab, dash bf2, or interactable etc? BTW love the shit bricks line on the dash cmd grab, soooo true.

GodsLonelyman

Good advice. d1~bf2 is low to overhead, that's what makes it so good, especially with venom. I'm guessing brainfart on that, you should know if you play him. Only thing I disagree with is you saying not to go lvl 3. If you have good defense, or get them scarred, go lvl 3 all day! Going lvl 3 is also part of my preasure chain (when i can get it going) since it armors F2D and leads to straight up stupid damage on hit when chained to MB specials and many opponents block low against Bane so you get it a lot. Who doesn't like 30-40% for one bar and range for a cmd grab, dash bf2, or interactable etc? BTW love the shit bricks line on the dash cmd grab, soooo true.
Yea brainfart. meant overhead LOL. That mixup is dirty and really opens them up once they start respect it. Bane isn;t as bad as everyone thinks he is. He does have some losing matchups for sure but I would say he's one of the most underrated characters in the game. What people aren;t seeing is the reward factor. It takes effort and thought process to use this chaarcter. You aren;t always getting in, and you have to work to get in, but when you do, game over. This character can bully most of the cast on wakeup minus a small few characters.