What's new

The Random Mikemetroid tech/info

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
In some matchups in which you want a character against a corner, try this combo instead of the 44 nut ending.

(f4/b3 launcher) 2 2 2, 21f2. This will cause the opponent to have a hard knockdown and be pushed across the screen. You have plenty of time to go up and do a deep jump kick or completely bait the wake up for more damage. Midscreen on stages like the Subway (right where the fighters start) this combo will take you to the corner. I have found this to be useful in some match ups but not every single one.

The standing 3 setup is good, standing 4 works, and 114 works. 114 is also a great way to end a match because the 4 hits people crouching.

Shadow Kick is 8 frames, use that to your advantage, even if its really punishable.

1, 11, 4, 2, 21, f33, and 13 nutpunch are hit confirm-able (the 1 can even whiff and the 3 will still be confirmable) View the video for visual proof.

You can cancel b2 charge into block by doing a flipstance. (So B2 dash flipstance then block)

My flipkick "tech" doesn't work that well. The flipkick only goes over the person midscreen and even then you can punish the flipkick as Cage is falling, not as he lands.

You can throw Cage out of the EX nut punch.

Ex Flipkick only does the 2nd uppercut when the first part hits something (if it whiffs its just the samething as flipkick)

You can nutpunch a lot of the cast's down four. Its just the nutpunch hitbox has priority over the down 4. Happens with all moves that contact with the punch. ( go in training mode...if the nutpunch hitbox hits with a normal hitbox, the nutpunch will most likely win ).

Corner FB combo for the lulz
21f2 13 ex fb 13 fb

Regular hitbox character combo midscreen: 21f2 dash f3 dash 44 nutpunch.
Sheeva hitbox character combo midscreen: 21f2 dash 21 dash 44 nut punch.

instead of 114 nut, you can do 11 11 3 nut, and of course 11 11 13 nut. It all depends on the height of your opponent.

Play on Asus monitors more often and you will find that doing double f4 combos are mad easy on those.

TRUE STORY: Wear shades when you play as Cage...gives ya a damge boost.

Is this some of your stuff fellow Cage players? Probably is! Let me know and I'll throw you credit.

Mike, good thread.

What is the next tourney you are going to? I would dearly like to play you offline.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2