What's new

The Official TYM NBA thread.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Cavs should actually be really fun to watch this year. I am looking forward to the season since we don't have to tank anymore for draft picks. Waiters is talking like he is motivated to take the step to be recognized as one of the leagues best SGs and I love that attitude.

RiBBz22

Lolknicks youre funny brah. Honestly the only East team that can win the chip is the Heat.
I think the Pacers are only going to get better and the Bulls could be back...but yeah the Heat are annoyingly good.

jaym7018

Kombatant
Cavs should actually be really fun to watch this year. I am looking forward to the season since we don't have to tank anymore for draft picks. Waiters is talking like he is motivated to take the step to be recognized as one of the leagues best SGs and I love that attitude.
Thats assuming their entire team made of glass doesnt break again. I have the pistons passing up the cavs mainly because i expect them to be healthier.

RiBBz22

Thats assuming their entire team made of glass doesnt break again. I have the pistons passing up the cavs mainly because i expect them to be healthier.
Yeah, I am not factoring in injuries until they happen. We will see how things play out. I think Tristan Thompson is going to be one of the most improved players in the league if he really somehow figured out how to shoot free throws. He switched over to shooting them right handed during the off-season and has been hitting over 70% of them where he was at like 40-50% last year. I think that is totally going to help his game.

jaym7018

Kombatant
What would they do move Jennings to SG?
He could be part of the trade. The celtics have no leverage with Rondo cause of his contract. The celtics have 2 options trade rondo to a fringe playoff team (like detroit) and get as much as you can . Or hold onto him and pray for a decent sign and trade deal. None of the bad teams will be looking to trade cause we are heading into the best draft since 2003.

RiBBz22

He could be part of the trade. The celtics have no leverage with Rondo cause of his contract. The celtics have 2 options trade rondo to a fringe playoff team (like detroit) and get as much as you can . Or hold onto him and pray for a decent sign and trade deal. None of the bad teams will be looking to trade cause we are heading into the best draft since 2003.
Yeah I don't see that happening. I agree Detroit might be a fringe playoff team...but I can't imagine they would trade picks and their PG that they just signed and have been playing half the year with to plug in Rondo to the equation. If you aren't a legit contender it makes no sense to get rid of draft picks since the draft is stacked anyways.

jaym7018

Kombatant
Yeah I don't see that happening. I agree Detroit might be a fringe playoff team...but I can't imagine they would trade picks and their PG that they just signed and have been playing half the year with to plug in Rondo to the equation. If you aren't a legit contender it makes no sense to get rid of draft picks since the draft is stacked anyways.
I could absolutely see them doing it if rondo agreed to a contract. Some team will probably do the same thing for lamarcus aldridge.

yaoding09

Mortal
Im a huge lebron fan. Not a bandwagon fan like most are. That being said hes on another planet compared to the nba today. Kevin durant is great but lebron has the meanstreak KD just doesnt have. Kobe will be back with a vengeance which is good because hes one of those players who you just want to watch if you like him or not. My early finals predictions are heat vs clippers. Doc rivers I think is going to give cp3 and blake griffin the actual coaching and confidence they need to go to the next level imo.