What's new

The Official Injustice Player Report Card Thread

No one can punish anything properly unless they drop online play forever. Online my punishment of MMH martian grab is nothing, offline its consistently a 1 frame b12 punish. Many players dont punish things properly, mainly due to their online training ground where proper punishment or punishment in general is impossible.

Footsies online are also a joke. I couldnt develop my footsies online because I cant stop ppl from dashing and jumping non stop. Online also compromises your defense. Batman can B2 and B2,B11 and its a 50/50 online because you must commit to the overhead block on b23 before you see the attack. Online my footsies are not C, its an F. Online makes me want to stand on the other side of the screen. Play footsies? How? I cant stop you from jumping on me like a maniac unless a read the jump and sit in crouch and wait for the jump. Then as I do that, players just dash up to me and attack, usually with 50/50's that only work online. Offline my footsies are now an A. I went to NY, played a lot with Rico and had him help me improve my footsies. There are many ppl that feel this way but only say it in private. I know many ppl that go online and get results, winning vs some of the games best. Yet, they cannot get the same results offline in tournament. Learn the game wrong, play the game wrong, get the wrong results in tourney play.

Offline tourney play has become Online player vs Online player offline. Doomsday players still get far because 90% of ppl STILL cant block a fucking earth shaker. Doomsday players STILL hit ppl with 3(blocked)~earth shaker because they dont know that you have to remain standing longer to block the overhead due to the extra push back on 3. NO ONE blasts Batman with MB B3 when he does 113. Players dont back dash out of B11~bats, B11 and full combo punish the B11 whiff. MOST PLAYERS BLOCK BATGIRLS B2 AND STILL GET HIT BY THE D3 LOW FOLLOW UP!! THIS IS A FUCKING CANNED STRING AND MOST PLAYERS STILL DONT BLOCK IT!!

People have sacrificed their local scenes because online is SLIGHTLY better than MK9's. People use tourney results as proof that you dont need offline. Online player vs online player offline doesnt show any proof. I believe that the game is NOT played at the highest level because of online.

Online can help though.. It can show you how to approach certain issues and mu's. Show you what you have to lab, etc.. But at a certain point it begins to hurt much more than it helps.

Anytime I think of going back online I think of the Killer Frost equation. What does that mean?

Offline - Killer Frost's slide is -4. For Aquaman, the post slide meta is as follows:
* You can B12 right away and beat out all of her normals except for a MB F3, this will also hit her before she can jump.
* If you B12 right away, she can bd which has the B12 whiff, granting her a slide punish.
* By timing you B12 to be slightly delayed after blocking slide, you beat out all her normals besides MB F3, and hit her out of her bd. This leaves her the option to jump or MB F3.

Timing your B12 to be slightly delayed is the best option in the meta. Most KF players d1~slide, bd, or Mb F3. The delayed B12 will beat all of those options besides the Mb F3. If you read MB F3 you can neutral jump and whiff punish the attack. Neutral jump will also give you the option to punish the Killer Frost player if they jump.

Online - Killer Frost's Slide is more like -2 or -1:
* Just ramming out B12 as fast as you can is the only way to beat out her D1 with an attack that she cannot parry. You have to be FAST with this online or she will hit you first. Mashing your B12 out quickly will also usually hit her out of her bd because the delay of online will cause this to be the correct timing.

In short:
Online will have to ramming out your B12 quickly. When you go offline, your post slide meta is fucked. Your timing is fucked. Thanks but no thanks...

STOP IGNORING YOUR LOCALS IF YOU HAVE THE LUXURY OF HAVING PPL TO PLAY!! Besides GGA, every other offline scene is nothing more than a weekly tourney. AK, SOCAL, KH, etc etc.. have all sacrificed consistent offline sessions several times a week for playing online and meeting up once a week for a tournament.

I do not care how much feedback of "stfu tom, you suck" this post is going to get. So what if you think I'm a bad player? Doesnt change that what I am saying is true.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Me and wafflez.

Dont put wafflez higher in anything

Last edited: