What's new

The music

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Although the stage sound effects and the noises where close much dominant, the music felt much darker can't wait to listen the rest of it.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I could barely hear it.

Dan Forden is a grand master when it comes to sound effects, but MK9's music was pretty underwhelming. Here's hoping he's got some fire back.

Also the ship level looks fucking gorgeous.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I could barely hear it.

Dan Forden is a grand master when it comes to sound effects, but MK9's music was pretty underwhelming. Here's hoping he's got some fire back.

Yeah, it does look like a new realm, that face looking mountain is something else

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm so glad someone brought this up. At exactly 0:47-0:50 or so in the trailer, you can hear a very fast paced back round music that is dark. I fucking love it.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I could barely hear it.

I think both stages were equally amazing. I loved the subtle forest yet it's 1am darkness...and the wintery vibe. And yes, the ship level is stunning.

Decay

King of the Bill
I feel like the music was turned down on purpose so we don't get a full idea of the soundtrack until they are ready to show it off. I heard some faint orchestral chanting in the one part of it which is cool as fuck. I hope it ends up really epic sounding

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There are parts in the forest stage that reminds me of Bridge of Immortality music from MK: Sub-Zero Mythologies, maybe is a variation, forden just hit the spot this time. YUSSSS

It looks like a mix of these 3: