What's new

The Mortal Kombat 9 Wish List Thread

This is a thread to share what you'd like to see added to MK9, be it balance patches, features, mechanics changes, and anything else you can think of.

DLC should be discussed here: http://testyourmight.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?247-DLC-Discussion-Requests

Glitch reporting should be done here: http://testyourmight.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?207-Glitch-Reporting

This thread is just a 'what if' type of thread where we can talk about what's missing from MK9 and what we would like to see different, via patches, future revisions, or otherwise.

------------------

The old incarnation of this thread has run it's course and I think we've covered most of what really needs patched as far as menu and feature glitches thanks to Dr. Dogg's and others' ideas.

Old thread: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4281-Recommended-Patch-Adjustments

BookBurning

Voidwards
Personally the only thing that comes to mind right now is Johnny Cage's Flash Kick. I think it needs a larger window of time to where it can be punished. Personally I don't think any attack should be free, let alone one that proves to be a powerful wakeup tool. Also perhaps Cyrax's bomb trap should be nerfed a bit, I think it would be better if players atleast had the option to break his command grab or perhaps counter with an X-Ray.

But besides those two things, so far so good.

JennyCage

t('.'t)
Agree with you about Johnny Cage, his flip kick is too good of a wakeup to have practically instant recovery.

I wish for the following changes to Raiden:

1: Make it possible to knock him out of the startup of his teleport like every other character (except Smoke, whose teleport is punishable on block). This would make jumping in on him more viable.

2: Make it possible to counter non-ex electric fly with projectiles at any distance.

elPollo_Diablo

In The Lab
Have every person who contemplates maining Scorpion, be electrically shocked to death via their controller when they hover their cursor over said character more than 3 secs or if they choose him
Imagine the diversity then.....its beautiful

Pikachu

I Pikachu while you shower.
2 on 2 tag 4way style and and 2 way style I was so disapointed when I found out you need your buddy sitting right besides you for it to work

Zebster

How's my volume?
Online Test Your Luck. I can see some fun matches ensuing.
Not sure that would work all that well. I can just imagine the amount of people quitting before a match starts when they get a bad condition or you get a great one. Also, unsure how to get the person who isn't the host's game to know what the slot reel has stopped on without error, and it could easily lead to desyncing issues.

Anyway... hm... not sure what to add. I'd say adding 1 hit armor to Johnny's Enhanced Shadow kick to punish projectiles, but that might be too good.

low_kix

Noob
Not sure that would work all that well. I can just imagine the amount of people quitting before a match starts when they get a bad condition or you get a great one. Also, unsure how to get the person who isn't the host's game to know what the slot reel has stopped on without error, and it could easily lead to desyncing issues.
I think its an awesome idea! Remember, this is a WISH list, technical problems be damned that sounds cool. Unranked matches of course

Id like the option to switch individual characters to japanese like in capcom fighters. I always switch the japanese characters and leave the American characters in english, sounds so authentic. Hearing scorpion yell come here in japanese would be neato

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Zebster

How's my volume?
I think its an awesome idea! Remember, this is a WISH list, technical problems be damned that sounds cool. Unranked matches of course
Fair enough you're right, was just trying to be a little realistic and ended up being kind of a party pooper there.

April 1st they should do a one day hotfix that completely messes with the balance and/or makes all characters load bosses instead of who they chose. Of course it'd have to revert back the next day.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
option to turn off and on negative edge.. theres some characters i like this for like Scorpion and other characters i hate this for SINDEL..

Samsung Crunchy

Studying all of her moves
A better and louder ingame soundtrack. I know this subjective but music in MK9 isn't very energetic or intense. Coming from a guy who has played a lot of fighting games, music does add another aspect to the presentation and overall enjoyment of the game experience.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
A better and louder ingame soundtrack. I know this subjective but music in MK9 isn't very energetic or intense. Coming from a guy who has played a lot of fighting games, music does add another aspect to the presentation and overall enjoyment of the game experience.
wow im glad im not the only one who thought that.. the back round music is just weird in this game.. i went to options and turned it up, it made it better slightly but it is still missing that something.

Zebster

How's my volume?
wow im glad im not the only one who thought that.. the back round music is just weird in this game.. i went to options and turned it up, it made it better slightly but it is still missing that something.
Felt this even for the classic themes?
Related, thank goodness you can turn off the ambience, it totally ruins the Subway classic theme for me if it's on.

An option in the options menu that allows you to toggle a region lock on/off.

Add cool down frames to certain moves, pretty sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

Give characters only 1 wake up move, not multiple.

Shinnok.

Some others I can't think of, I'll report back later.

well the training mode is shit isnt it?

it wouldnt be that hard to make it a lot better. but i think tom brady said that they're gonna start working on it or something.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
- A training mode similar to SF4's. Hell, just rip off SF4's completely, that'd work just fine.

- Online 2v2 with a friend, such crap that your buddy has to be LOCAL for this to work.

- Stable KoTH rooms. It's a cool feature, but man, KoTH is nothing but fuckin' lagfests.

- Fix the desyncs!

- Good stage music, what happened here? They were spouting such a soundtrack for this game.

- More fatalities per character, an editor to create your own would be cool.

chessmaster

Dojo Trainee
Have every person who contemplates maining Scorpion, be electrically shocked to death via their controller when they hover their cursor over said character more than 3 secs or if they choose him
Imagine the diversity then.....its beautiful
no just the people who spam the teleport move.