What's new

The MKX training mode wishlist.

Let's assume the MKX training mode starts out exactly like the IGAU training mode. What new features or additions would you like to add?

I have just a few ideas.

#1. Option to turn the Super off for the AI. Please. Nothing is more annoying than trying to learn your new character against the AI and they throw out super like candy. Also with this turned off and you set wake up to Random no longer will the AI wake up with Super. So annoying.

#2. Let a reversal option be for a basic attack or string. Many times I am learning a new setup or have an idea, and all I want is the AI to reverse with a d1, or a string, just so I can see if it works or not. You can try to record this, but what is to tell if you actually recorded it to the precise frame? I don't know.

#3. Let there be an option to wakeup or reverse with a MB option of the special move.

Those are my top 3 requests. Are there any I missed?

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
the two things i would like to be in every training mode are hitbox/hurtbox display and second action. second action is used in soul calibur (i think tekken as well) where you program the dummy to do action 1 (most commonly used is block) and then immediately after, do action 2 (which is can be either backdash, jump in any direction, a record slot, whatever). this is really useful when trying to find what to do after block scenarios and what not. you can also use it to practice getting out of pressure. you can also use it to practice getting out of pressure by macting action 1 a plus starter recorded and then action 2 a random recording which would be the follow up options.

The Highlander

There can be only one
I would like the record function to allow you to set yourself to block, if that makes sense... So that when you record a dummy you're own character blocks. This would allow for a dummy set to do a frame trap or block string into special etc, without weird properties affecting the timing.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I want all mentioned so far + Ability to playback multiple things at random to be able to practice reacting against mix-ups and punishes.

I also want that ability mixed with what jonnitti mentioned. To be able to practice hit-confirming.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Audio cues (to help training strings, juggles and resets)
position settings
And frame counters, which is something like this: