What's new

the mileena mirror

what is your strategy on this matchup

lately i've been trying to completely turtle and punish, but to be honest, its hit or miss

do you usually try to take control of the match (go into flow chart mileena mode) or just sit back and react to what the other guy does

I like to just poke and move around until they try to sai or roll. Telekicks will usually be EX since Mileena can't punish it well, but it's fine since as long as you don't take the bait and jump into her traps, you can poke through her pressure.

Throw very few sais in this matchup, punish rolls with u4 and punish telekick~delayed air sai with njp.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Think of your normal play style, and play the opposite.

Expect 2 D4's in a row everytime and 2 U4's in a row everytime, that's what happens to me.

I usually just wait for the other person to mess up and capitalize

Think of your normal play style, and play the opposite.
I guess this is more dependent on how you play her normally. I naturally tend to play around my opponents tendencies, so in my case I'm not playing too different in the mirror. I just try not to use sais as much.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
That's why I updated the D1 combo in my guide. : )
Hopefully it should be much much more consistent now.

i think its so ricky matchup... lot of who makes the move faster a sec but not too fast!.... most punishable and random stuff :) but i think many mileenas do their skills instantly after wake ups so just block when u finished ur move. and block to be able to punish again :)