What's new

The Mayweather vs. Ortiz fight....Crazy!!!

Gematria

Noob
YES, crazy crazy crazy! What is it with big boxing matches always having something crazy/controversial happen?

Tim Static

Adminerator
Floyd is a bitch. Ortiz was wrong with the headbutt, but that was sooooo unprofessional, hitting a dude right after that.

fucking pussy....wont ever fight Pac Man because even HE knows he'll get destroyed.

Oh and talking shit to an 80 year old man after the fight? Floyd "NoClassWhatsoever" Mayweather.

MIKECALDWELL

Dojo Trainee
I didnt see the fight, but I watched the highlights. I completely disagree with everyone bashing Mayweather.

1. People are aknowledging the fact that the headbutt was dirty, but then they're just brushing it off as if it wasnt a big deal. What if that headbutt had opened up a huge gash that caused the fight to be stopped right then and there? And dont for one second think that it wasn't intentional, which makes it so much worse.

2. I can see where some people may view the knockout blow as a sucker punch, but it's a gray area. Mayweather has a personality that is easy to hate, so the bias people will obviously call him a bitch for it. Here's my thoughts on it. Ortiz had apologized like 4 times before the incident occured, and Mayweather had already touched gloves with him to show that he accepted the apology. The referee had officially restarted the bout, so in my opinion Mayweather was justified. These guys are facing an opponent that wants to rip their head off, so I think anyone's killer instinct would take over once the bout had started. I feel that Ortiz was stupid for letting his guard down when he knew good and well that the bout had been restarted. His mistake, not Mayweather's.

3. Larry Merchant was saying all the right things to push Mayweather's buttons. He was looking to illicit a response. We would all be offended if we had just accomplished something and someone was trying to belittle us. Secondly Merchant threatened Mayweather after Mayweather attacked his integrity as a boxing analyst. It was glaringly obvious after Merchant's true emotions came out that he fucking hates Mayweather, and that the interview was bias from the start.

4. Can we please stop downplaying Mayweather's skills? He's a fucking beast and you all know it. Everyone wants the Paq and Mayweather match to happen bc they seem to feel like Mayweather would get destroyed. Im a realist. I wanna see the fight bc im sure it would be one the best if not the best fight of the past decade.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
MIKECALDWELL said:
I didnt see the fight, but I watched the highlights. I completely disagree with everyone bashing Mayweather.

1. People are aknowledging the fact that the headbutt was dirty, but then they're just brushing it off as if it wasnt a big deal. What if that headbutt had opened up a huge gash that caused the fight to be stopped right then and there? And dont for one second think that it wasn't intentional, which makes it so much worse.

2. I can see where some people may view the knockout blow as a sucker punch, but it's a gray area. Mayweather has a personality that is easy to hate, so the bias people will obviously call him a bitch for it. Here's my thoughts on it. Ortiz had apologized like 4 times before the incident occured, and Mayweather had already touched gloves with him to show that he accepted the apology. The referee had officially restarted the bout, so in my opinion Mayweather was justified. These guys are facing an opponent that wants to rip their head off, so I think anyone's killer instinct would take over once the bout had started. I feel that Ortiz was stupid for letting his guard down when he knew good and well that the bout had been restarted. His mistake, not Mayweather's.

3. Larry Merchant was saying all the right things to push Mayweather's buttons. He was looking to illicit a response. We would all be offended if we had just accomplished something and someone was trying to belittle us. Secondly Merchant threatened Mayweather after Mayweather attacked his integrity as a boxing analyst. It was glaringly obvious after Merchant's true emotions came out that he fucking hates Mayweather, and that the interview was bias from the start.

4. Can we please stop downplaying Mayweather's skills? He's a fucking beast and you all know it. Everyone wants the Paq and Mayweather match to happen bc they seem to feel like Mayweather would get destroyed. Im a realist. I wanna see the fight bc im sure it would be one the best if not the best fight of the past decade.
Mike, I think a realist would realize that Mayweather would be get destroyed ;)

MIKECALDWELL

Dojo Trainee
Like I said Dciguy, that's just an indirect way of shitting on Mayweather's career and obvious skill level as a boxer. A widely agreed upon opinion among knowledgable people in the field is that Mayweather is one of the best boxers of all time, so to say he would get destroyed is just ludicrous. I wouldn't be friends with a guy like Mayweather, but that doesn't blind me to the fact that he's one talented mofo. I guarantee you that if Mayweather was a humble and nice man that everyone respected, all of these bias lopsided predictions would be non existent.

It would be nice if when people posted they could leave out their personal opinions about Mayweather as a person and base it solely on his performance. The part of the discussion about Mayweather vs Paq is not really relevant to the thread anyway. What are your thoughts on the Ortiz fight?

btbb99

Noob
i really don't understand why ortiz was apologizing over and over again, that was kinda rediculous and technically mayweather's knockout was "legal" but that doesn't mean that it was the right thing to do. there was no damage done at all by ortiz headbutt and again he was he was apologizing for it. he hit him when his gloves were down and that is dirty,period. is ortiz a jackass for having his gloves down in the first place? yes he is... but mayweather knocking him out while his hands were down showed no class, i do think ortiz deserved it because his hands should have been up.. but mayweather probably would have won the fight anyway which makes me wonder even me why he had to hit him with his hands down

MIKECALDWELL

Dojo Trainee
Regardless if the sucker punch was dirty or not, Ortiz deserved that shit after what he pulled. You rarely see such a blatant attempt at a headbutt. Most of the time the two fighters head's collide during their attack, but Ortiz intentionally tried to cause some serious harm. Payback is a bitch. I know two wrongs dont make a right but fuck it.

Tim Static said:
Floyd is a bitch. Ortiz was wrong with the headbutt, but that was sooooo unprofessional, hitting a dude right after that.

fucking pussy....wont ever fight Pac Man because even HE knows he'll get destroyed.

Oh and talking shit to an 80 year old man after the fight? Floyd "NoClassWhatsoever" Mayweather.
Yeah That fight was FIXED!

Mayweather's fiance Shantelle Jackson knew the outcome. This is what she posted on her twitter.
http://lockerz.com/s/139929115