What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Kung Jin The God Forsaken Kung Lao matchup

How difficult is the Kung Lao matchup for Kung Jin?

• One of the toughest (if not the toughest) in the game

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • about average

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • easier than most

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
As a Kung Jin main, I am finding the Kung Lao matchup to be the most difficult and salt inducing of them all. I'm curious what everyone else thinks and what approaches you have taken, if any, to be successful against Lao.

I tend to rely heavily on oki (particularly going in after a hard knockdown with F24 and B214 strings) and Lao's YOLO spin seems to nullify this entirely. You can try to bait the ex spin and then punish, but I find that good Lao players smell the bait every time and won't YOLO spin when I do that. Some of you may be snickering and saying "bruh, you got the broken ass EX bo swing, stop bitching." However, this argument is invalid for two reasons: (1) the ex bo swing is FAR more likely to whiff in the face of the insane movement/divekicks/teleports of bird Lao; and (2) when you are caught crouch blocking one of Tempest Lao's seemingly eternal blockstrings, there is rarely a large enough gap to even get the EX bo swing out.

members of the Kung Jin Krew - let us unite against our annoying ass cousin!

@CoRzz Jin

P.S. @FOREVER KING you may be conflicted by this post since you play both characters, but I would be very interested in your input since you regularly face the likes of DJT's monster of a Lao lol!

Last edited: