What's new

The Gamers Edge Tournament(now with a new name) - Valley Stream Monsters #1 Results and Shoutouts

Noob
What a way to spend my birthday!

This was my first official tournament as a T.O. and I could not have asked for a better start to what I hope will be come a long series of tournaments that I'll be running.

First, some shoutouts:

First and foremost to my Fiancee, Melissa who made sure that nothing but the tournament took center stage, and also for getting that AWESOME Kombat Kake (strawberry shortkake) for everyone to share and enjoy.

Rob - He probably won't see this, bur Rob is my actual brother who attended to help with door fees and wound up learning how to run brackets on the fly. He kept things moving smoothly all day, took crap from nobody, and had a match going on all station at all times. Simply amazing, and thank you.

Shock, Dark Rob, Summoning - Tournament Staff. Don't know what else to say to you guys that hasn't already been said a million times. We're a well oiled machine and I couldn't have done it without you guys.

REO- As always, an impressive and amazing performance in any MK you enter. Good stuff bro.

Chris G. - The money man at this tournament. 1st place in MVC3, SSF4, MK9 and 2nd place in UMK3. Outstanding!

Seb - I greatly appreciate you coming out and supporting the tournament and doing the recordings of WF/LF/GF for each of the 4 games. Your support means a lot to me. You can see all the videos on his site, http://www.frame-advantage.com and also on his youtube page, http://www.youtube.com/user/FrameAdvantageDotCom

Damdai - Another force to be reckoned with in the FGC, and I appreciate your support as well. Thanks for being there and thanks for the encouraging words.

The Gamers Edge - Jonas, Christian, and Biki... thank you guys for providing such a good venue for this. Seriously, anyone in the LI area should be coming here for games and tournaments. Great setup, 6 stations, really accommodating, and they did all this while fixing customers' 360's and PS3's... and both Jonas and Christian played in the MK9 tournament. Awesome stuff guys, and we'll see you on Thursdays for casuals every week!

Sweet Johnny Cage & Big Eric - Just had to say thank you to both of you. I learned EVERYTHING I know about running a tournament from you guys.

To anyone I missed, thank you so much for coming out to the tournament and helping to make it such a great success!

Full Results:

Mortal Kombat 9

1: EMP Chris G
2: Reo
3: Spencer
4: Red Saleen
5: Dark Rob
5: Damdai
7: Dwayne Parker
7: LouieMoo
9: Pete
9: Shock
9: summ0ning
9: B.G Laugher
13: Christ
13: Royal Mist
13: Tuesday
13: Miles
17: Hitoshura
17: Dan
17: Spike
17: Bisonopolis
17: Greco
17: 9.95
17: Jonas

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

1: Reo
2: EMP Chris G
3: Shock
4: 9.95
5: Dark Rob
5: summ0ning
7: LouieMoo
7: Spike

Super Street Fighter 4

2: Capcoms Hero
3: Lose Control
4: Damdai
5: Royal Mist
5: Spencer
7: Bisonopolis
7: Irvin
9: Dan
9: Halo Chicken
9: Tuesday
9: B.G Laugher
13: summ0ning
13: Shock
13: Cashin
13: NY Type S
17: Jerry
17: Kid Geronimo
17: Pete
17: J Star
17: Cliff

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

2: Chuck Zirkelbach
3: Cashin
4: Spencer
5: Royal Mist
5: Halo Chicken
7: Chris V
7: B.G Laugher

Big Shoutouts to 9.95, DarkRob, and Shock! You guys are awesome!
Shout outs to everyone I met here, you guys are all amazing!
Shout outs to Chris G and Damdai for exposing me on MK9.

To Spencer and Cashin, 'MERICA!

And last but not least, Shout outs to Bisonopolis, for looking like Justin Timberlake, you're awesome man. :)

To 9.95 and DarkRob, see you guys on Thursdays!