What's new

Video/Tutorial The flash vortex and some downplaying :)

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
I figured out that string could be interrupted my first time playing AI on very hard lol. I guess we gotta just do f2LK. ALso, his overhead is only 1 frame slower than smokes b2 so it will catch people. Another thing you left out was you can jump out of the d2 in the d1d2 string on block lol which sucks ass. My game plan has been b22 if it hits i confirm into combo if blocked i leave out LK and D1d2 check if that hits i loop it, if not iam at neutral.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I figured out that string could be interrupted my first time playing AI on very hard lol. I guess we gotta just do f2LK. ALso, his overhead is only 1 frame slower than smokes b2 so it will catch people. Another thing you left out was you can jump out of the d2 in the d1d2 string on block lol which sucks ass. My game plan has been b22 if it hits i confirm into combo if blocked i leave out LK and D1d2 check if that hits i loop it, if not iam at neutral.
yeah thats the basic strategy right now with the flash, a good thing to do is d1d2 into sonic pound once or twice a match, that way you condition your opponent to stop jumping and also block high sometimes. a good pressure sequence goes like this B22, d1d2 sonic pound MB +11 into f213 if they block it all high and dont blow you up +10 into another b22 into the loop, this is probably the reason why f213 is duckable, this loop is serious especially with 4 bars of meter in the corner? GG lol

edit: also if your opponent catches on to your sonic pound you could d1d2d3 into my patented oki set up :D

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
Zyphox I was in practice mode messin with b22 and if you do b22 at the space where D1D2 hits, the second part of b22 will randomly wiff... It seems to always wiff on Shazam and sometimes on catwomen.

Zyphox

Zyphox I was in practice mode messin with b22 and if you do b22 at the space where D1D2 hits, the second part of b22 will randomly wiff... It seems to always wiff on Shazam and sometimes on catwomen.
yeah when i was doing my vortex and downplaying i was doing multiple takes on it since i studder a lot lol and one of the thing i also griped about is how b22 will wiff sometimes completely out of nowhere in the corner if spaced right, but i get in the take that made the cut i forgot to mention it :)

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
yeah when i was doing my vortex and downplaying i was doing multiple takes on it since i studder a lot lol and one of the thing i also griped about is how b22 will wiff sometimes completely out of nowhere in the corner if spaced right, but i get in the take that made the cut i forgot to mention it :)
It seems to be random it randomly whiffs midscreen too its pretty lame

Zyphox

Awwwwwwwwwwww, you have an interruptable string :p
yeah a very importanat string that changes match ups, ask brady about it, ask slips, if you cant f213 in the corner, it changes how you play the character.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
yeah a very importanat string that changes match ups, ask brady about it, ask slips, if you cant f213 in the corner, it changes how you play the character.
lmao, I don't need to ask anyone anything. I am intelligent enough to figure out things on my own :p

I understand the salt, I wouldn't want a gap in the string if I was looking at maining Flash either. There are a ton of strings you can interrupt in the game though which would make other characters a lot better too.

Zyphox

lmao, I don't need to ask anyone anything. I am intelligent enough to figure out things on my own :p

I understand the salt, I wouldn't want a gap in the string if I was looking at maining Flash either. There are a ton of strings you can interrupt in the game though which would make other characters a lot better too.
yeah i know but i think it would make the flash OP in the corner as well, but i love that :)

DreadzTsung

"Darkness is the heart's true essence"
Zyphox very nice. Its kunai bro. Aka Legend skar. Lol. Flash is one of my mains. I don't know if anyone has noticed that flash can use his character power right after a df1MB for extra damage. I figured out earlier. I might be late. But I thought I would share it with you guys. I think it is a decent combo setup for 40% damage or higher depending on how you mixup your combos. You can use any combo string that leads into df1MB then use your character power right after. I tend to button mash 4 after df1MB lol. Because I usually can't time the character power. But tapping 4 works magic. Immediately after you press 4 go into b3 then from there you can combo your ass off. Alot of people have hard time doing combos in the flash's character power. A good starting string is 3,2 since from there you can let them become flash waist level before doing the combo. You could also repeat this string and continue into other stuff within Flash's character power. I thought I'd make a video to show you what I was talking about.