What's new

The Fabulocity Freddy Frame Trap

I didn't see anything about this, just combos and whining about how Freddy doesn't fit the story. Anyways, I found a pretty decent trap with Freddy that's been working really good so far against the computer on ladder mode.

I haven't tried it against a real person because I refuse to play online and I don't have anyone near me to play with. I'll try it out at the next IE Battlegrounds, but until then can someone try it out to see if it's as air tight as I think?

Freddy's B+1, 2, U+1 can be canceled into the close ground spike. On block, close ground spike gives enough frame advantage to just repeat the string. The all three hits are high, but when they block low you can canel any hit into the ground spike. On hit, the spike launches, on block you're at advantage again. So far it appears that the string jails on I think the second hit. So if they block, you can jsut repeat B+1 ,2, U+1, Ground Spike forever.

So, how do you get out of it?

First off, if they duck it out the gates, they can punish with an uppercut since the all three hits in the string are high. A smart player will punish with the universal D+4 for a safe jump, but whatever floats your boat. That's why you change up where and when you put the Ground Spike.

If you've already gotten caught in the trap, after the Ground Spike you can either blast out of it with an armored move or jump back.

If your opponent jumps back, you can punish with D+1 into Mid Ground Spike and combo from there.

It seems like a pretty nifty frame trap, but I really wanna know how it stacks up against a player that doesn't suck, so if someone can try it out and post what they find, I'd appreciate it.

I dunno, it seems pretty safe so far. If not advantage, at least safe. I really wish I had someone to try it out with. Thus far, it's been pretty beastly with the mixing up when you do the spike.

Abudabi

Noob
lets wait a bit before we actually gather some frame data. Damage scaling and balancing adjustments are subject to change