What's new

The Differences between UMK3 and MKT on PSX

dreemernj

Ambassador
Is there any option for online on the pc version?

And what is enhanced?
PC MKT has Netplay via IPX. It's LAN only. So to play online over the internet you need to tunnel through TCP/IP to the other player using an external program.

And the loading speeds are minimal in the PSX version. You turn off the buy in screen, set it to fast character select, and limit Shang's morphs. After you do that loading time is down to seconds at a time.

BeRB

Noob
PC MKT has Netplay via IPX. It's LAN only. So to play online over the internet you need to tunnel through TCP/IP to the other player using an external program.

And the loading speeds are minimal in the PSX version. You turn off the buy in screen, set it to fast character select, and limit Shang's morphs. After you do that loading time is down to seconds at a time.
Ill try that! Awesome! Which revision shock, Should i have for the PC? apparently there are two existing. I got pc version working but, I get this in some stages and my button mapping issue i posted in that ominous red thread or weird background pixelation happens when doing fatalities

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There is an old PC windows version, a dos version, and the enhanced version. I tried enhanced recently and it was a lot of fun. Tonight at Summoning's I got some MKII retraining but after that I introduced him to MKT on PSX since he never actually played it. We tried the PC version but it had issues with the inputs like you mentioned, and also I get the color issues as well. For whatever reason we couldn't use the 360 of PSX sticks, it only registers buttons, I guess it's just too old. I'm sure there's a way to map them tot he keyboard but we didn't have the time or desire to go through all that.

Instead, we played PSX MKT, at 54fps (instead of 60) and I had the throttle option set at all times so I could press it and skip all loading time instantly. That came very in handy. He definitely enjoyed being able to use the MK and MKII characters, and I showed him and Steve N. why Noob and Rain are so broken, and the usefulness of the Scorpion forward Teleport Punch. Corner combo spear, RH, FTP, aaLP, spear, HK, HK for 52% and forward teleport punishers on blocked JKs.

Playing MKT really makes me want to do it better more and more. All those remaining characters from MK and MKII, all those frames of animation that could be used to make better looking, more varied combos. It's begging for it.

Edit:

I fixed some typos and added some info the main post. I will try to bust through some preliminary guides for the MKT characters and throw them into their respective threads later today. You guys can add whatever info you want to them and we'll sift through what's good.

BeRB

Noob
You could use XPadder, I did that with my snes pad to test it, It runs smooth as hell once you get past the input issue, I did notice however sometimes if cpu would run on me and id try to jump kick them it would miss at certain pointsSomething else i noticed, CPU's doing anamalities?! without mercy? I did a short video looking for differences, Sound quality is a plus but, For some reason, I don't hear any of the game music? I went into options to see if it was on and it was?

CPU doing Anamalities out of nowhere?! Bull!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY8bMybIMG0

BeRB

Noob
If you turn on 1 button fatalities you can do animalities without mercy too.
I can do fatalities without cheating :p, I just thought i should mention, Classic Kano I was playing him and turned my head and lost he did a anamality but it didn't do anything screen went black he did his winpose said anamality, I thought that was pretty hilarious

ded

Elder God
Ill try that! Awesome! Which revision shock, Should i have for the PC? apparently there are two existing. I got pc version working but, I get this in some stages and my button mapping issue i posted in that ominous red thread or weird background pixelation happens when doing fatalities

that happens if you use 32bit colors, however its fixed if the game is played on full screen

ded

Elder God
change your desktop to 16bit colors then and you should be ok.

idk if the patched mkt pc win version has fixed that issue, but you could try it too.