What's new

Video/Tutorial The Book of Solomon: Shazam Comprehensive Matchup Tutorial Videos

SuppaSapien3

Chipotle and Olive Garden are NOT authentic
Hello fellow Injustice competitors. Since the Shazam forums as of late have not been active as it potentially can be, a idea has came to me to start preparing a video series where I devote a whole tutorial to Shazam in specific match-ups weekly/monthly. These videos will show the strategy/tech/mindset/setups he needs to have to be successful in a competitive environment against the opponent for newcomers, and a reference for veterans. However, since I my videos have terrible quality, and I am definitely not the best player, I wanted to make a call to action of all the top Shazam players to make a video on the match-up topic of the week, and give them to me to process in a huge collaborative wizard's companion. If you can't provide this, at least give me tips and your insight that I can put in the videos, and you will be cited. I CANNOT do this without the FULL Shazam communties' help, and I am sincerely asking the Shazam community to help me out as a group effort, and not just me posting. I like people to think of this not as a video I created, but as a video the Shazam community of testyourmight.com made together. Now I know that I am most likely (almost guaranteed) a nobody in your sights, and I can come off as arrogant sometimes, but I ask if you can find it in your hearts to do this not for me, but to all of the passionate players who want to get better, or to be in your shoes, but don't know where to start. To all of the people who don't like Injustice or no longer play Shazam, if you have some profound knowledge that you have picked up with him, please share with me when the time comes. Do it for the love of discovery in fighting games in general, and the passion to expand the game past what the developers intended, and muster up that hidden bolt of energy locked in your chest. I will be tagging a list of players who I believe can help me most to shape these videos, but If you don't get tagged, or don't see your name, please don't think that you cannot add your opinion to be mentioned, especially if you consider yourself a master wizard. In summary, I hope that we as a Shazam community can get together to make weekly go to Shazam match-up videos, that will expand the skills and knowledge of pros and future pros alike. Lets us come together as a forum, and start production on so much content, that we make the rest of the Injustice forums combined put to shame. We want them to say "wow, what kind of energy are they bringing at the Shazam forums every week, and why are they going so hard over there?" and wanna better their forum to come close to half the quality of ours. To all of the sages who are willing to join me to write/record these scriptures for future generations, SHAZAM!!!, I'm no longer Vince, but a demigod who's ready to go to work. Welcome to the order. It's time to go do some good.

The Lighting's Chosen:
@Uber
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@GuamoKun
@MashPotatoTower
@BiuTze
@Phase 3
@Indecisive
@Rathalos
@HeroesNZ
@Mr.Bruno
@mfkaoz
@FOREVER EL1TE
@Digit
@shinobispectre
@Tom Brady
@Clark Luthor
@STORMS
@Raisin Bran
@RNLDRGN
@SZSR
@ZigZag
@Sh@zAM
@Crathen
@SuppaSapien3
@pogse
@x0Kakashi
@RYX
@Shawi
@ETC Mcfly
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@Sao87

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
It's been time since i've played, quite alot of it but the knowledge of Shazam has not left me and I have all the recording equipment needed to deliver you with this content, so I say why not leave behind my knowledge of Shazam.

So can you be very specific as what you're looking for in terms of a video from us, commentaries delivering our tips on just matchups or in anything a Shazam player can use in general?
Or perhaps no commentary, text? what are we looking at here?

SuppaSapien3

It's been time since i've played, quite alot of it but the knowledge of Shazam has not left me and I have all the recording equipment needed to deliver you with this content, so I say why not leave behind my knowledge of Shazam.

So can you be very specific as what you're looking for in terms of a video from us, commentaries delivering our tips on just matchups or in anything a Shazam player can use in general?
Or perhaps no commentary, text? what are we looking at here?
Well every week either I was gonna pick a very specific match-up against someone in the cast, or I was gonna let the community vote. For example, lets say Deathstroke vs Shazam gets picked. Then I was gonna start off the video first with a summary of how the character performs in the match-up, but most importantly WHY. Then lead with key things you need to you out for in the match up, such as limiting use of your AMS since he can punish you at anytime, then add the input of all the other videos pros had sent me or the tips, character specific tech, or even full strategies if they so desire. Maybe the disagree with me and have completely different views, so at the end of the video I would mention the key commonalities between everyone. ( Part of the main reason I don't want to do this alone, as my opinion wouldn't hold as much weight as say someone who uses the character in a tourney). I would quote them so you would see what each individual pro or a player you like in particular would have to say. But it does not necessarily have to be just me to combine them, someone else could take over and I could add my thoughts. Im doing some meterless antiwake vids myself as well, so I might reference this in the mix as well. The beauty of this is anyone can make the video, as long as we all use the same template and release either weekly or monthly. We all just have to come together as a Shazam team. It would basically be a huge colab between everyone, so when a starting player gets into the tournament scene and faces a unfamiliar matchup, he would have a reference to look toward, compared to all the other forums. Part of the reason I was inspired by this is that in fighting games in general, we talk about 6-4 matchups, or 7-3, but let you never see a tutorial for the most part that focus on why these matchups are bad, and what are some of the things yo can do to alleviate some of the problems when you do face it. Fighting game guides usally talk about how to play a specific character, but never how to play against the other characters. Personally its my opinion that there needs to be digital fighting game guides that updates with the tech, and tierlist yearly, but that is another discussion:p

SuppaSapien3

wait what why was I tagged

I don't even play the game, let alone shazam
I picked some posts that had inspired me as a Shazam player way back when. You made one lol. (or if you haven't you said something relevant to Shazam.)

SuppaSapien3

Alright today I hope to get home around 6 pm. Around that time I hope that we can start disscusing ideas on our first video. Production theotically will start tomarrow first thing in the morning although the final details are TBA as I want to get as much people as possible in this as their scedule will allow. I was wondering could someone teach me how to setup polls so we could pick the matchup, and that you would alert all of the pros/players who play Shazam that our planning is kicking off. When we add everyones imput, you dont nesarrly have to make a video with audio, it can be text as well. If you dont have any recording equipment, you can even leave a message on here with #matchupvid and your post in its entirety will be quoted and referenced on the final product of the video. Glad we can work together Shazam forums!!!!

SuppaSapien3

Alright I am home. Lets get this discussion started. For the first order of business I would like to ask how serious you want to participate in this, or how serious we should go with this. I was thinking about opening a private chat session or something we could do weekly. Of course the timing would depend on when you guys are off of work, or when you guys are available so I could schedule accordingly. My goals were to make these vids the go to Shazam reference in the Injustice community around the world, and to get at least 5 people to get along with me. Mainly a mixture of tournament players who were well known for playing Shazam, and casual Shazam online players who have input to add. I am also trying to see who is a really good video editor on this site who can help us. But what do you guys want to do?

Last edited:
For some reason it's not showing up in my notifications when im tagged. @STORMS Any solution?
And @SuppaSapien3 I can give you anything just about. Just private message me what you neec specially and I can help/give it to you.

SuppaSapien3

For some reason it's not showing up in my notifications when im tagged. @STORMS Any solution?
And @SuppaSapien3 I can give you anything just about. Just private message me what you neec specially and I can help/give it to you.
I'm just trying to get a headcount now to see who is answering the call. Hopefully we can get more people than just the two of us because the more input we have, the more dependable these guides can be say in a tournament setting. Trying to eliminate as much bias as possible from myself because I am a online player. I'm extremely glad though that you are here to help and I salute you. Thank You. We will start diving into this thing when we get three more people.

SZSR

Noob
I'm just trying to get a headcount now to see who is answering the call. Hopefully we can get more people than just the two of us because the more input we have, the more dependable these guides can be say in a tournament setting. Trying to eliminate as much bias as possible from myself because I am a online player. I'm extremely glad though that you are here to help and I salute you. Thank You. We will start diving into this thing when we get three more people.
I'll contribute what I can. Also, tags are not working as intended for some reason, don't know why.

SuppaSapien3

Aright so far we have me, Indecisive, SZSR, and FOREVER EL1TE. If we get one more we can start planning tomorrow. Quick question though how do you create a poll on here?

SZSR

Noob
Aright so far we have me, Indecisive, SZSR, and FOREVER EL1TE. If we get one more we can start planning tomorrow. Quick question though how do you create a poll on here?
You have to create it when you create the thread, there's no option even for mods to append a poll in an existing thread.

SuppaSapien3

You have to create it when you create the thread, there's no option even for mods to append a poll in an existing thread.
... alright ill just post up another thread and delete it tomorrow. too tired right now

SuppaSapien3

Im not sure if the poll is closed or not, but looks like the results are in! For our first Shazam matchup vid, It is going to be Shazam vs Zod! Expect to see the video before the end of this year!!!

SuppaSapien3

THE LIGHTING IS NOT DEAD!!!!! Quick update I am still during this series Im just getting everything together. Expect to see it up and running the end of Jan!!!!

SuppaSapien3

I just wanted to update anyone who was looking for this series to start during this year, and I would like to say due to me not having funds, and to significant means to making this idea the best that it can be, I am putting it on hiatus for now. If anyone wants to pick it up, feel free to do so. Otherwise, I like to apologize for not releasing.