What's new

The best way to start a match

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Lead Moderator
ROUND ONE
FIGHT!
What do you do?

Personally, as Cage, the majority of the time I walk backwards to avoid any sort of offensive attack. Defensive because I'm walking I can easily start heading forward. I know its varies for people but I do think there is a general way people start the match.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Usually just walk backwards and block. If I'm feeling ballsy, I use B2 3.

Though sometimes I just jump in. Amazing how well that works against higher level players who expect you to be...smart.

Treadmill

Warrior
ROUND ONE
FIGHT!
What do you do?

Personally, as Cage, the majority of the time I walk backwards to avoid any sort of offensive attack. Defensive because I'm walking I can easily start heading forward. I know its varies for people but I do think there is a general way people start the match.
If I'm playing you mike, I jump in and full combo. I loooooove hearing profanity laden comments streaming from my headset ;)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
I usually block initally for most characters ESPECIALLY Ermac because they usually go for that telelift right off the bat.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
All depends on the match up.

NJP if that fails right into Square ass or fan while still in the air, or just D1. Holding block is a big favourite of mine as well. lol I love this game.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I usually block initally for most characters ESPECIALLY Ermac because they usually go for that telelift right off the bat.

oO there are still Ermac players who do that ? I am surprised...

As for me i usually go for d3, backdash, or if they jump usually AA them.