What's new

The Best MK9 Set/Commentary Ever.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
This thread has been made, closed, made again about ten times now, but it's honestly so hype that I'd never close it as a mod.

God, these matches were legendary.
In case you've never seen it, GunShow made this epic tribute with plenty of hype.
Check it out when you've got some free time.

Does anyone know where to find DJT vs PL at Anaheim? I know they were taken down at some point, but I need to relive that X-Ray Cancel grab at least one more time #Kreygasm.
This is exactly the moment that came to mind when I first opened up this thread. I've been looking for this video for forever!
I haven't seen that video before but that's not what I was thinking of. DJT has done it other times but the time he did it in Anaheim was the most hype. Watching him sacrifice 3 bars on a fake out in a tournament for the win will still be my favorite MK9 tournament memory.

Matix218

Get over here!
I really miss the klone being so diverse in terms of animations, like how It looked different depending on what Sub Zero was doing at the time of activation. It was a really nice touch that they completely removed. Hell, never mind the positioning, even the appearance of the klone in MKX is less detailed. It looks like a poorly made ice sculpture when compared to MK9's gloriously detailed klone.

:[

That FT5 though, just madness. I remember watching PowerUp 2011 and Tom's performance was what inspired me to pick up SZ (Remember REO using Cyber Sub? lol). From then on I have been playing him almost exclusively. I still can't watch this FT5 without getting hype.
People can talk all the shit they want about Brady but he will always be the Grandmaster.
I am actually glad his clone is so different between mkx and mk9 because it is yet another reason to still go back and play mk9. In fact both games themselves are so different it will always be fun to play both mk9 and mkx.

In mkx you have character variations, super strong and fast rushdown, super strong oki to really reward the person for knocking down their opponent, fast whiff punishing forward advancing moves, trip guarding and landing recovery punishes, run mechanic and stamina bar management, faster and more chaotic overall pace, strong and varied jump in attacks

Mk9 you have very purposeful and methodical footsies and spacing, strong full combo anti airs, cancellable dashes, stronger zoning, strong wake up game, less 50 50 mixups and more blockstring pressure to open up an opponent.