What's new

Video/Tutorial - Thunder God TG Raidens - please hitconfirm your strings!

Black Chapters

Legend of Legaia Main
as wonderful as this is, I'm still seeing both you and Dizzy dropping it, so I can understand him sometimes not using it.

If the run control was better, or if you could at least cancel a dash with attacks, then I'd understand your exclamation points, but that block button kills it for me.

The run controls blow.

delbuster

hungry
there are times not to use it; specifically without enough stamina to run cancel (need a little more than half)

it is still 9% on the table and it's much easier than the other stuff he was dropping. p sure he just didn't know about it or didn't practice it.

delbuster

hungry
are you running or dashing? running u need to press block after forward forward.

maybe you need to press forward forward earlier

idk

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
try hitting him a bit earlier and higher up with b14, and input 214 after the lrc earlier than it actually looks, the hitbox is deceptive
thanks ill try that. for the record only run works not dash? i think ive been primarily dashing instead of running

SirRaven

Teleport tickle fail
dashing has a huge cooldown. Think of dashing as more of an escape mechanism or repositional tool. By the latter I mean using it to sneak under someone that is juggled to maybe get them in the corner.
Run, however, cancels frames so what was once impossible to link, after running becomes possible. In MK9, it was all about dashing into new strings...in MKX it's about using run.

delbuster

hungry
Nivek did this just about EVERY time at the MKX invitational. VERY nice job by him.

Of course he did other stuff as well, a lot of new stuff I haven't seen yet. props to nivek.

Train

Noob
regarding to @Nivek , I think this guy deserve much more attention on the forums, cuz he displayed best Raiden play (for me). But dunno why ppl ignore him, maybe cuz he is EU boy? :(

in ESL he showed: how to punish everything, perfect combo execution with LRC, new techs...

Last edited: