What's new

Testing your reaction time

Zebster

How's my volume?
I was a little bored so I looked around for an online thing to test reaction time to see if reacting to Kung Lao's spin (which comes out in 6 frames according to the Frame Data Project) is feasible.
http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime/index.php

I averaged 173 milliseconds, which converted to frames (dividing it by 16.67) is about 10.37 frames.

So what about you guys? To keep it fair I'd say you should only do the test in 2 sets of 5 a day, as I'm told the test does have some sort of pattern in when the color changes from red to green, and make sure your mouse is lag free (as some mouses do have input lag for some reason).

Noodlz

Noob
wow i'm hella slow, lol. I average 243 ms. Or maybe its cuz i have a wireless mouse. Probably just me having slow reaction tho.

Haha, cool. After working night i and sitting here reading for another couple of hours i got 204.2 ms. Supposedly better than average, i'm actually a bit proud, my reflexes may actually be decently solid.

Anyways, now i'm scared to do this test under the "right" kind of circumstances hehe :p

Btw, you shouldn't worry about reacting to the frames of moves so much as the situations when they are probable to come out. If you feel the "rhythm" of your match you should hopefully have more time to react.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Btw, you shouldn't worry about reacting to the frames of moves so much as the situations when they are probable to come out. If you feel the "rhythm" of your match you should hopefully have more time to react.
Well I'm not really worried about it, it's just, it's still early so people sometimes throw things at random, and really it was just for curiosity's sake.

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
On a side note, there's also a game called Rip's Throw Breaker. It's designed to help you break throws in Tekken on reaction. When I used it, I didn't notice a pattern. All throws were thrown out randomly.

Zebster

How's my volume?
On a side note, there's also a game called Rip's Throw Breaker. It's designed to help you break throws in Tekken on reaction. When I used it, I didn't notice a pattern. All throws were thrown out randomly.
Tried it but I have no idea when I'm actually supposed to hit the key to break the throw.

LurkDog

Noob
Lol my average was 649 but I was doing it on my touch screen phone so hopefully that has to do with my slow time

~NAKM~

Tekken, SF4: AE, BB: CP, and Persona 4: Arena
Tried it but I have no idea when I'm actually supposed to hit the key to break the throw.
You actually have to watch for your opponent's hands. When the left hand reaches out further, you press 1 to break since it's a 1+2 throw. If the right hand reaches out further, then you press 2 to break since it's a 2+4 throw. Some throws also have BOTH hands reaching out equally at you so you press 1+2 to break it. Hope this helps for your difficulty dude. ^_^

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
It is humanly impossible to see and react to anything less than 9 frames. Actually, I'm sure the actual number is higher than 9.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk