What's new

Tech - Impostor Teleporting after landing Mimicry

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
Is there any reason not to teleport after landing mimicry?

Due to the large hit stun after mimicry you have enough time to jump up, teleport, land and then go for a 50/50, throw, pressure etc.

Because Shinnok is so meter hungry i figure this is a good way to throw in some extra meter in building in what is otherwise a wssted gap between landing mimicry and the follow up. As a couple of added bonuses its good for positioning and getting yourself out of the corner as well the extra mind game that comes from the potential njp/empty teleport into f4.

IA teleport is good in this situation as the window after landing isnt quite as tight. Its still possible teleporting at the peak of the jump however. GGA Max' s technique seems to be best for this.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/instant-air-teleports-easy-and-accurate-ps4-pad.53434/

Sorry if this has been disscussed already its just i never see anyone do this and i dont know why. If anyone can find a reason not to or how to improve it please let me know.

SPY

Noob
You don't see it because currently with influx of Shinnok players only minority of them(prepatch Shinnok players mostly) use this variation.
I seen that tech used by GGA Max and some others players.

SPY

Noob
Here another tech that no one, besides GGA Max, using:
If you AA opponent with any of the three Hell Sparks you can follow up with run-d1-SCharge\SSlam\Mimicry or you can do just SCharge\SSlam without run. You can use exSSlam for 28% conversion into restand. If you hit opponent high enough you can do run-d2 or even X-ray for style. Because exHS is 7f you can AA easily with it for 25% and opponent position of your choice.
And you can convert AA d2 into SCharge\SSlam too, but d2 less reliable as AA and conversion is more strict and height dependent.

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
Here another tech that no one, besides GGA Max, using:
If you AA opponent with any of the three Hell Sparks you can follow up with run-d1-SCharge\SSlam\Mimicry or you can do just SCharge\SSlam without run. You can use exSSlam for 28% conversion into restand. If you hit opponent high enough you can do run-d2 or even X-ray for style. Because exHS is 7f you can AA easily with it for 25% and opponent position of your choice.
And you can convert AA d2 into SCharge\SSlam too, but d2 less reliable as AA and conversion is more strict and height dependent.
Good stuff. i've never done anything with AA sparks. I'll give it a try.