What's new

Telekick guarantees jump in combo upon hit confirmation?

OneTap

Noob
i didnt see this newhere else so i figured id post it up n get everyones take on it since i dont really see any1 doin it online or in competition. it just came second nature to me in matches probably due to the 'stun' animation triggered upon hit...well at first i thought it was just user error on behalf of my opponents so i took it into the lab with the cpu on auto-block and sure enough it works everytime...now im sure this isnt news to most of u, so my question is...why isnt this utilized more often? especially by top mileena players such as REO...her telekick is 7% by itself and it isnt counted as part of the combo so coupled with her standard u4, u4, b14, 4, roll, b14, uppercut bnb, ur lookin at a fairly simple 45% per every punished projectile. i have noticed that the j1/2 after the telekick has to b somewhat early otherwise the stun frames end and the player can block the jump in combo but the timing isnt too strict

cyke_out

Noob
It just creates a safe jump situation, the opponent can block the jump in punch, which opens up mix up off of the jump in punch high/low/throw.

but be careful if the opponent has an armored move as it can absorb your jump in punch and punish your safe jump attempt.

OneTap

Noob
yea, i didnt know how reliable the auto-block function is in training...i have had it blocked in match but its very few and far between (about 8/10)...i just wasnt sure if it was because my timing was off with the j1/2 or not...or maybe it had to do with a characters hitbox or sumthin like that