What's new

Tech - Scorpion Tele >> 21 Spear execution problem

Hi guys,

I have really hard time doing any combo which contains (all :D) tele > 21 Spear.
21 timing is not a problem anymore.
But the spear doesn't want to come consistently (more drops than success). I keep practicing but that's sux.

Is there any particular catch or I am just not precise and/or fast enough?

In practice I see my inputs. It is far from BF as I slip my fingers from B to F but as I experience it doesn't really matter in general. Or is it the main reason it messes up? Sometimes I see the right BF1 input and spear doesn't come after 21 (or 12).
Should I forget slipping at all with that move and be more precise?

If you have anything useful tip please let me know. Very basic but I have been practicing that damn 21 spear since the first time I play MKX (started with scorpion) - many many hours involved.

It is much better now but I feel that I simply miss something and I do not know what it is (speed or precision and how to improve).

(I keep practicing and try to input BF clearly... :) and fast enough)

Forget guys that thread I can't delete it. I was so upset after writing that thread and tried with only correct inputs. It comes 100%... Precision over speed in that move. I need to learn how to press buttons and not just slip... I apologize I am quite new in MK and with controller at all (I do not have PS/XBOX but playing on PS4 controller on PC).
I just learned that move bad way... I need to rethink my controller skills. :) Slipping is more lazy than pressing precisely.
And with my right hand I do vertical move (21) while with left hand I want to do horizontal (BF) that's why it goes wrong simetimes especially if I let my finger slip on the controller.

Faster getting tired though now. :)

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Do you have release check off? If it's on it can make life a lot more difficult. If it's not that then try putting Input Shortcuts on (it's probably already on though). If neither of these help then I know it's shitty but you've just gotta keep practicing.

EDIT- Nevermind

Haha PS4 controller. The "click" happenned to me and I can do fairly 100% if I watch it. I need few more hours to do it 100% without watching.
Btw the PC version might have some controller bug.

With hellfire 214 DB2 (tele) sometimes (when I input it fast) activates flame aura instead. In the training room the input is perfect. How the hell I would ask but if I input it slower its working. Release check off.

But no problem I play Ninjitsu now. It would cause hard time to switch to hellfire with that conditions. But I am happy now playing with Ninjitsu at all.