What's new

Teh new bomb trap 51% no meter

Christy

God Amongst Mere Mortals
Now the command grab bomb trap has gone ive been experimenting with several different setups and have had a lot of success with this one. After landing an air or ground net:

Back2, dash, 121, mid bomb, net, dash, (bomb launches), NJP, Back2, 121.

If you lead in with a 21 before the net this does about 24% and then 27% after the bomb, so 51% total with no meter. This is very hard to get out of becuase the 121 lands them on top of the bomb and the net means if they try to jump or wakeup they either get netted and then launched, or air netted and you still get a free combo. Some wakeup moves may be able to get out such as smokes teleport, but aslong as you just block you can punish them with a full combo. Any thoughts or other bomb traps/setups?

it's a sweet set up i like to use, but if i'm not mistaken tech rolling back as you land will get you out easier.

teching back escapes this 100%. myabe you could use far bomb instead so as to catch someone to techs back but then they could just get up and block the net while avoiding the far bomb.

Christy

God Amongst Mere Mortals
teching back escapes this 100%. myabe you could use far bomb instead so as to catch someone to techs back but then they could just get up and block the net while avoiding the far bomb.
I've been using it a lot against freinds online and to me it seems when they tech roll the net gets them?
If this doesnt work I think after a net you can do [Net, back2, mid bomb, dash, 22, (bomb launches), NJP, Back2, 121]

This is precisely why the bomb trap as it exists right now is essentially a guessing game.

You can toss out the mid bomb to see how they react the first time, as I've found most people will try to roll back or jump towards you. Depending on which one they do, toss out a far bomb, or throw the mid bomb and NJP B2 dash 121 EX ragdoll when they jump towards you.

Unlike most guessing games in MK though, playing this way is only like a 1 in 3 chance of guessing right.