What's new

Technical and Match discussions (Advisory)

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Just figured I'd make a thread for any in-house discussion regarding gameplay, technical advice etc etc.
That said how is everyone doing post-launch? I had my first real test on the "field" last night against human opponents not online (only played 4 matches but the input delay was terrible, won all 4 but decided online isn't for me if it's like that)
I played two new players to MK (or 2D competitive in general) and though the game is new to me too it was crazy how much trouble I had considering I'd played the series since MK1. Out of D'Vorah and Takeda I had a HUGE amount of trouble with D'vorah. Her venomous variation and use of f+2,2 (and another string I can't remember off hand) after hitting or making me block d/f+1 was actually a lot harder to deal with than I thought, it felt like I was at disadvantage a LOT and if she got close it was hard to get her off of me. I've been using Inferno-Scorpion but am labbing up Hellfire-Scorpion with some other players as it is very technical but I did have interest in it at first and though I know how to use inferno and will if needed I kind want to jump off the "everyone using it" train. That's what's goin on with me right now. Need to figure out if D'vorah is really as troublesome as I thought or if (likely and hopefully) I'm just missing something. First tournament will be next week for me.